Obama the oil baron

tieguy

Banned
Interesting move liberals complained for years about Bush the oil baron catering to the oil companies.
Meet Obama the new oil baron:

klein

Für Meno :)
Interesting move liberals complained for years about Bush the oil baron catering to the oil companies.

Your link doesn't work. Found the news earlier today !
Can't you be more happier, finally digging for your own oil. ?

P

pickup

Maybe once they get the rigs into place, Obama will nationalize the oil industry.

wkmac

Hmmmm! I thought this thread was gonna be about Obama's meeting over the weekend with this guy!

I find it funny that Obama has not only continued the oil war in both Afghanistan and Iraq but has expanded the theater into Pakistan, now more and more threatening Iran (huge Natural gas as well as major southern Caspian footprint), into Yemen and the Gulf of Aden (Horn of Africa major Transport corridor) and recent rumblings about Africa itself including Somalia. All the while our bestest buddy the UK rumbles about the Falklands and it's recent oil finding and now we learn Haiti has more oil potential than the land of Hugo Chavez.

Top that with the continued saber rattling at Russia who not only works to control the Caspian but who has a geologic method of finding oil that proves oil in not a depleting resource but a stable if not a renewing resource and if allowed to expand their footprint, could oversupply the global marketplace thus driving down prices and negatively effecting the wealth and likely power of certain Middle East powers who currently enjoy the good life in partnership with various economic and political interests here in the US. Wanna wonder again why certain enviro interests have been able to stop off shore drilling? Ever looked at the books of these groups to see some very interesting sources of donations?

Follow the money?

Guess I was wrong about this thread not that I was really expecting to be!
:wink2:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
It just proves that ALL politicians are liars and love to blow smoke. But im happy that we are looking to drill for more oil. Even better is Obama was against Nuclear power but he is now onboard with that too. All this cant happen quick enough because jobs need to be created right now.

Blizzard

Your link doesn't work. Found the news earlier today !
Can't you be more happier, finally digging for your own oil. ?

Link works for me.

Its a shame. We keep talking about alternative enerygy sources and then keep recommitting to oil. There is some truth to the rantings of the oil conspirators.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Old T. Boone just told Cavuto to change all the semis to natural gas and that would knock down our need for OPEC oil by half right away. Oh, and by the way, T.Boone owns lots of stock in the natural gas industry.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Old T. Boone just told Cavuto to change all the semis to natural gas and that would knock down our need for OPEC oil by half right away. Oh, and by the way, T.Boone owns lots of stock in the natural gas industry.

Smart man!!! We have huge amounts of untapped Nat gas that burns much cleaner then gasoline and would be another way to use our own resources and create more jobs here in the USA. I have stock in Conoco (cop) and Encana (eca) which deal in Nat gas so hopefully we can get onboard and start using our own natural resourses and i can cash out. :)

Hey Klein...Encana is a Canadian company. I bought this stock because i wanted to help your economy. LOL

klein

Smart man!!! We have huge amounts of untapped Nat gas that burns much cleaner then gasoline and would be another way to use our own resources and create more jobs here in the USA. I have stock in Conoco (cop) and Encana (eca) which deal in Nat gas so hopefully we can get onboard and start using our own natural resourses and i can cash out. :)

Hey Klein...Encana is a Canadian company. I bought this stock because i wanted to help your economy. LOL

Encana often gets mentioned here, as a number 1 stock-tip.
Too bad you didn't buy it on the TSE (toronto stock exchange) in Canadian Dollars.

On a side note; Found this on the net today. :
USA is on top spot, Canada is second ! LOL (no surprises there) :

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-02-17/the-laziest-countries/#gallery=1330;page=1

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Don't get to worked up about all this, because it will never happen.
The back room dealing being done will never allow any drilling to take place; it's all another shell game for bho.
Look at what he said, some drilling 50 miles from Va, it takes years to get a oil field up and running, if they find anything first.
Why not drill where there is known oil.
And has anyone built any new refineries lately ?
You can pump out all the oil you find but without some place to refine it , you're just wasting time.

klein

Don't get to worked up about all this, because it will never happen.
The back room dealing being done will never allow any drilling to take place; it's all another shell game for bho.
Look at what he said, some drilling 50 miles from Va, it takes years to get a oil field up and running, if they find anything first.
Why not drill where there is known oil.
And has anyone built any new refineries lately ?
You can pump out all the oil you find but without some place to refine it , you're just wasting time.

Why do you think so negative ?
It all takes time.
Just like Newfoundland, Canada, when they decided for offshore drilling.
That province was a "has not province" at the time. One we needed to subsidized.

All that changed. It was built, refineries, too. And now they are swimming in money.
Kinda like bidding on the Olympics. You bid on it, then you build it. And that takes 8 years or more.

Got to start somewhere. It adds tons of good paying jobs, and certainly helps out the economy, and the huge deficit. Also the trade balance.

Darn good decision if you ask me. Tea party, reps, and now dems, are all for it. So, it will go ahead.

tieguy

Banned
It all takes time.
That province was a "has not province" at the time. One we needed to subsidized.

All that changed. It was built, refineries, too. And now they are swimming in money.
Kinda like bidding on the Olympics. You bid on it, then you build it. And that takes 8 years or more.

Got to start somewhere. It adds tons of good paying jobs, and certainly helps out the economy, and the huge deficit. Also the trade balance.

Darn good decision if you ask me. Tea party, reps, and now dems, are all for it. So, it will go ahead.

We are so lucky to have a canadian here to tell us how to think.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It all takes time.

See you really don't understand how the system works.
Just because bho said that he is for drilling doesn't mean jack, the congress still has to vote on it, some pencil pusher at Dept of Interior has to write up some requirements, and at every step along the way there will be a lawsuit filed against it........meaning delays and more delays.
Its just another empty promise from the messiah.

bbsam

Staff member
See you really don't understand how the system works.
Just because bho said that he is for drilling doesn't mean jack, the congress still has to vote on it, some pencil pusher at Dept of Interior has to write up some requirements, and at every step along the way there will be a lawsuit filed against it........meaning delays and more delays.
Its just another empty promise from the messiah.
See, you really don't understand how Democrats work. Just like Clinton did in the 90's were stealing your issue and inviting you to not cooperate. Please feel free to continue as the party of "no" even when we offer you everything you thought you wanted. It makes you look foolish, insincere, and self-consumed...just in time for the November elections.:surprised::happy-very: And don't go fooling yourself with the old line, "Oh the American people will never fall for that!" The American people, afterall, did fall for the "Contract with America" bit. You remember, "term limits" and all that?

diesel96

Republi"con's", it's hard to understand why you hate the new leader of the free world. He's everything you stand for practically. And don't you dare claim fiscal responsibility.....
Yeah, they were for it until Obama was for it.
Kind of like how they were for balanced budgets until Homies like Reagan and the Bushes set new records for post-World War II deficits
or how they were against nation-building before Iraq and that “Marshall Plan for Afghanistan”
or how they were for a less-intrusive federal government until the Patriot Act
or how they were for a less-imperialistic foreign policy until they had a chance to invade Iraq
or how they were for states rights until states decided to legalize marijuana or allow gay marriage

wkmac

See, you really don't understand how Democrats work. Just like Clinton did in the 90's were stealing your issue and inviting you to not cooperate.

This is actually true. Clinton took welfare reform, NAFTA/WTO and other global trade agreements and if the repubs hadn't jump on Lewinsky Clinton might have seen through on privatizing at least some aspect of Social Security. Clinton even declared the age of Big Gov't was over and wanted to cut it. So then what you are saying is that Clinton ran against the typical (public illusion) democrat agenda to get elected and then adopted them for political advantage once in office. Tell the base what they want to hear but do the opposite once in office. You mean like the republicans run against big gov't and fiscal irresponsibility during the elections but then grow gov't and spend wildly once in office? And the difference between the 2 parties is?

You are correct in a sense that what gov't does today is proclaim one thing and often do another. Even the healthcare plan that everyone seems to hail as some kind of saviour of the little guy over time will be seen as the same type of privatization in the form of protected monopoly and a type of "company store" market in the same fashion many true liberal democrats feared (rightly so but maybe for other reasons) that social security privatization would become.

In the case of Clinton and very much in the mold of Obama contary to all the neo-marx allegations thrown at him, the real agenda behind both was driven moreso by the Third Way agenda and by the Democratic Leadership Council. It has nothing to do with helping the so-called little guy as it is a huge Corp/State alliance driven for power and economic domination and control. I find it ironic that democrats so often complain about lack of oversight on all things economic and yet we have a bi-partisan effort of well over 300 members of congress from both sides, from very libertarian/conservative if you will to very liberal asking for that very oversight power in the area of money and the Federal Reserve and why then does the leadership of both political parties stand in the way of an obvious bi-partisan majority under the authority of oversight to audit the Federal Reserve?

To use a bit of Pickup's favorite movie, at one time you might have needed a pair of special sunglasses so to speak to see what's going on (not really but I'll give you that) but now it's so over the top and up front that all you need is a brain and to actually not fear using it!

BTW: On an oil note, I'm wondering more and more looking at the bigger picture that in the long run Russia might end up being our friend more than any real enemy and that the esculating saber rattling towards them is a gov't reaction with a corp. vested interest behind it.

:surprised:

wkmac

Republi"con's", it's hard to understand why you hate the new leader of the free world. He's everything you stand for practically. And don't you dare claim fiscal responsibility.....
Yeah, they were for it until Obama was for it.
Kind of like how they were for balanced budgets until Homies like Reagan and the Bushes set new records for post-World War II deficits
or how they were against nation-building before Iraq and that “Marshall Plan for Afghanistan”
or how they were for a less-intrusive federal government until the Patriot Act
or how they were for a less-imperialistic foreign policy until they had a chance to invade Iraq
or how they were for states rights until states decided to legalize marijuana or allow gay marriage

Patriot Act wasn't so much new as it was codifying under so-called legit conditions what the gov't was likely doing under the sly before hand. Even the Clinton adminstration was later found guilty of industrial sabotage using covert actions and another action of gov't breaking free market principles of behalf of certain, vested corp. interests. Wanna complain about the evils of the "Free Market" to me AGAIN?
:wink2:

Based however on what gov't is today in reality, your points are dead on!
:thumbsup: