Obamacare,Cadillac plan,2018..

Overpaid Union Thug

Nope. This year. House and Senate. I'm guessing ObamaCare (among other things) will end up cleansing the Senate of Liberal Democrats. Probably The House too. At this point I just want a shift back to the center. Even if that means electing real democrats. If there are any left. The House and Senate is the "Republicans'" to lose. But given their recent campaign strategies I won't be too surprised if many completely flop.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nope. This year. House and Senate. I'm guessing ObamaCare (among other things) will end up cleansing the Senate of Liberal Democrats. Probably The House too. At this point I just want a shift back to the center. Even if that means electing real democrats. If there are any left. The House and Senate is the "Republicans'" to lose. But given their recent campaign strategies I won't be too surprised if many completely flop.

10 good chances of picking up senate seats.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So in 2018 the Unions are no longer exempt from obamacare ..What then ? will we all lose our healthcare ? Are central states Healthcare plans cadillac plans ? There has to be a reason that unions were exempt .It has to be to screw us later.So Ups will be off the hook,we will be taxed heavily or we will have to pay some.Anyone with real knowledge have an idea? Our union boss told us we are not a cadillac plan.If we arent thats fine but then again at 4.5 billion profit a year,why arent we.Like to hear some facts.Thanks
The Teamster Union made 4.5 billion profit last year?

MAKAVELI

Just so you guys know, the Cadillac tax will not go into effect until 2018 for all employers, not just union covered employees. And as costs go up the thresholds will go up as well.

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

Our Healthcare plan is a Cadillac plan. I don't know how you could think otherwise. I don't know anyone, and I mean anyone, that has a better plan than ours. I have plenty of friends with big 6 figure incomes that do not have an insurance plan like ours. They have decent plans compared to most folks, but not as good as ours.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our Healthcare plan is a Cadillac plan. I don't know how you could think otherwise. I don't know anyone, and I mean anyone, that has a better plan than ours. I have plenty of friends with big 6 figure incomes that do not have an insurance plan like ours. They have decent plans compared to most folks, but not as good as ours.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Our healthcare plan is not a Cadillac plan.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

Our healthcare plan is not a Cadillac plan.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's not top of the line but it's among the better ones out there these days. My wife is pregnant and when she presented our insurance to her doctor the lady processing it said "wow, I haven't seen coverage like this in a while". Everything is covered 100% aside from $25 co-pays. For our 1st baby, my wife was under her job's plan and we were left with huge bills. And she had a nice computer programming job.

The biggest difference for us (UPS) though is that we don't contribute to premiums (pay deductions). Ask around, it's not uncommon for families to be paying as much for health care as they are for their mortgage each month ($1200/mo for example). Ours is $0.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I believe the Cadillac designation is not decided by coverage but by cost. Our's is undoubtedly kept somewhat low in cost by both the number of workers covered and by the comparison shopping the Teamsters do to keep our benefit level high. UPS gives the Union the money for premiums that the customers pay for the services we provide, but without the Union the plan would not even exist in it's current form.

TUT

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yep your is up there with Representative's and Senator's. If it doesn't fall into the Cadillac plan then you have some special provision. Plans a lot less than yours have been told they will fall into the Cadillac plan when it hits.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yep your is up there with Representative's and Senator's. If it doesn't fall into the Cadillac plan then you have some special provision. Plans a lot less than yours have been told they will fall into the Cadillac plan when it hits.
Cadillac plans are 27 grand a year. Ours is a shade less then 20.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
So in 2018 the Unions are no longer exempt from obamacare ..What then ? will we all lose our healthcare ? Are central states Healthcare plans cadillac plans ? There has to be a reason that unions were exempt .It has to be to screw us later.So Ups will be off the hook,we will be taxed heavily or we will have to pay some.Anyone with real knowledge have an idea? Our union boss told us we are not a cadillac plan.If we arent thats fine but then again at 4.5 billion profit a year,why arent we.Like to hear some facts.Thanks

We all get the same health insurance under ObamaCare, we will just get taxed big time on it.

TUT

Cadillac plans are 27 grand a year. Ours is a shade less then 20.

There is so much being thrown around by companies, using the Cadillac Tax as a reason to gut current plans. And I'm not saying you are wrong in any way. But your insurance is a Mercedes compared to many whom are being threatened with the Cadillac Tax cloud. I'll need to do some research...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is so much being thrown around by companies, using the Cadillac Tax as a reason to gut current plans. And I'm not saying you are wrong in any way. But your insurance is a Mercedes compared to many whom are being threatened with the Cadillac Tax cloud. I'll need to do some research...

Save yourself the time and effort----ours is not a Cadillac plan.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Save yourself the time and effort----ours is not a Cadillac plan.

Here I am am, on an island, agreeing with UpStateNY.

Sigh...

But the truth is, that is where I am.

But the truth lies where it lies.

Sorry boys and girls, but we are more Honda than Cadillac.

Deal with it.