Obama's National Security Policies

Do Obama's national security policies make us safer?

• Yes, we are safer

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, we are less safe

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

wkmac

Are we safer now than in years past?

Read this article, and vote!

Biden: Cheney 'dead wrong' on America's security policy

If we were safe under Bush as many claim, then we are safe under Obama as he for all practical purposes is following word for word the Bush doctrine. The whizzing contest you refer to above between Biden and Cheney is pure party spin and nothing more. These actors otherwise known as hypocrites in history's past are just playing the Potomac 2 Step!

The mainstreet media is a co-conspirator to this ruse and not a guardian of the public gates!

over9five

Staff member
OK, then let's take it beyond the Biden- Cheney "whizzing contest"!

How 'bout Obama's recent world travel, commonly referred to as the "Obama Apology Tour".

Does going around the world apologizing for his arrogant country make us safer? Hard-liners in other countries listen to Obama and see us weak, I think. He sounded weak, and made us look weak.

The US media was enthralled (as always) with Obama's trip abroad. But did any of you guys see some of the foreign press reaction? Not quite so impressed. British press called him a bore, long winded.

Is he making us less safe simply by going around the world talking?

UPSNewbie

You needed to add another choice "equally safe." I voted yes, because I believe "we're less safe" is incorrect.

tieguy

Banned
If we were safe under Bush as many claim, then we are safe under Obama as he for all practical purposes is following word for word the Bush doctrine. The whizzing contest you refer to above between Biden and Cheney is pure party spin and nothing more. These actors otherwise known as hypocrites in history's past are just playing the Potomac 2 Step!

The mainstreet media is a co-conspirator to this ruse and not a guardian of the public gates!

I somewhat agree that Obama at the moment is changing little from Bush. I think his venture into the world arena is coming across as a little too much of the "please like me" type of politics. I think that theme may get him slapped around. time will tell.

Braveheart

I was always told a teaspoon of sugar will get you further than a gallon of vinegar.

I have seen drivers on their way to termination for hostile combative attitudes and after being humble and apologetic their termination was dropped and the two sides worked it out.

I have also seen, although rare, managers apologize for their nasty pompous my way or the highway attitude and the driver or drivers dropped their hostility and the two sides worked together.

Hey it may work? If it does not we can go right back to bombing the crap out of everybody again. I just hope the bombs don't say made in china!

People seem to forget that many of the same generals and other homeland security posts were holdovers from Bush. He kept the Patriot Act intact as well.

It does not matter who we have in office we will always be hated and attacked by someone. When you are the best country in the world people will hate you period.

diesel96

OK, then let's take it beyond the Biden- Cheney "whizzing contest"!

How 'bout Obama's recent world travel, commonly referred to as the "Obama Apology Tour".

Does going around the world apologizing for his arrogant country make us safer? Hard-liners in other countries listen to Obama and see us weak, I think. He sounded weak, and made us look weak.

The US media was enthralled (as always) with Obama's trip abroad. But did any of you guys see some of the foreign press reaction? Not quite so impressed. British press called him a bore, long winded.

Is he making us less safe simply by going around the world talking?

It's funny how people, pundits, and media summerize Obama's recent Int'l trip. But what's more interesting, is the double standard of mostly right wingers (yeah I said it) complaining of how dare we acknowlegde our own arrogance....lol
Since when are "we the people" leaders of the free world, not allowed to criticisize our selves without being called un-American. Weakness is in the eyes of the beholder, it takes more of a man, and more courage to stand up and take responsibility and dole it out as well....No weakness percieved here. I would like to see you come up with any other presidential canidate move or create positive energy toward other World leaders in their first initial meetings.

I somewhat agree that Obama at the moment is changing little from Bush. I think his venture into the world arena is coming across as a little too much of the "please like me" type of politics. I think that theme may get him slapped around. time will tell.

My god Tieguy, even Gen Petraus and McCain is praising Obama's commitment towards the Middle East. Considering your history with cowboy diplomacy, What's not to like?...IMO we have no choice but to repair Bush's foriegn policy blunders in a timely manner.
If anybody slaps Obama around it will come from the left and the Wkmac's of the world if promises aren't kept next year and a half....

Cheney's position as ex-VP deserved a response of his irrevelent claims from current VP Biden. That should be it, move on, Biden doesn't need to acknowlegde any pathetic comment coming from the Rove peanut gallery.
Rove is an insignificant ex-failed staffer now getting paid for Fox Cable News to mouth off and ruffle feathers. The squabble should be from one VP to the other, and for Rove (an ex-staffer) to bud in, is way out of line as third man in, which in my book considered cowardly and should be chastised. Nobody really cares about this TMZ like reporting while people are struggling and suffering during the inherited "Great Depression" era...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cheney's position as ex-VP deserved a response of his irrevelent claims from current VP Biden. That should be it, move on, Biden doesn't need to acknowlegde any pathetic comment coming from the Rove peanut gallery.
Rove is an insignificant ex-failed staffer now getting paid for Fox Cable News to mouth off and ruffle feathers. The squabble should be from one VP to the other, and for Rove (an ex-staffer) to bud in, is way out of line as third man in, which in my book considered cowardly and should be chastised. Nobody really cares about this TMZ like reporting while people are struggling and suffering during the inherited "Great Depression" era...

So it doesn't matter that our current VP is proven to be living in his own fantasy land ?

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel96

So it doesn't matter that our current VP is proven to be living in his own fantasy land ?

Where is the proof ? Cause Rove says so....:rofl:
Coming from a guy being sized up for an orange jumpsuit is hilarious.

In fairness, like fisherman, ALL politicians tend to exagerate....

Point being, this is between Biden and Cheney, not a lower level staffer who quit during the second term and now being paid by a news org to maintain ratings...

over9five

Staff member
Like him or not, that's not the way you talk to the President of the United States.

Bidens a known exaggerator, and in this case a plain ol' liar.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Where is the proof ? Cause Rove says so....:rofl:
Coming from a guy being sized up for an orange jumpsuit is hilarious.

In fairness, like fisherman, ALL politicians tend to exagerate....

Point being, this is between Biden and Cheney, not a lower level staffer who quit during the second term and now being paid by a news org to maintain ratings...
No its Biden vs Bush.
Since Bush's policy was to always have a witness at every meeting, just when was Biden alone with him ?
And this is our second-in-command, a known liar.
Pity us all if he has to take command.
Doesn't make you feel all warm & fuzzy inside ?

Last edited: