October contract meeting

stink219

The union came out with its proposal a few weeks ago. Last week the company put forth its proposal. There were man concessions, BUT, this is how it always starts. It won't get juicy until next year. It's just the process.

ups hero

I hope we get our turkeys back on this next contract. Jk. You don't think our health benefits will get tempered with on the next contract? Do you? This is my 4th contract and the 1st Im actually worried about it

stink219

Depends on your local. My benefits are controlled by the union. There is an hourly portion that gets assigned to health and welfare. If you have a UPS plan, then I'd worry.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Absolutley no employee compensation for insurance! It is a slippery slope once you open the door and start paying. Ask anyone in management their copays and contribution suck. Have been there and done that.The next thing I know my contribution is $500.00+ per month and that was 15 years ago working for a small company (250 employees) . One of the reasons I work PT @ UPS. Hoffa and Hall have stated that benefits are very important,better to take less of a raise than the need to contribute dollars for benefits. That would be a give back and based on profitability we should be moving forward.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Less of a raise is a give back also. It is what it is though. No reason to worry until we have an actual contract to vote on. This company is making a billion dollars a quarter just remember that.

M

MenInBrown

I think concessions may be on the table, if UPS was not making money. Never vote yes on the first offer!!!

brett636

$60/week would almost put part-timer's paychecks into the negatives. I doubt the union will be supporting that idea!

I would hope they would not include part timers in that. Contributing to my health insurance is not a make or break issue for me since our insurance is so good and most people in other companies, even profitable ones, contribute to their health insurance. It just depends on what the company gives up in return.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would hope they would not include part timers in that. Contributing to my health insurance is not a make or break issue for me since our insurance is so good and most people in other companies, even profitable ones, contribute to their health insurance. It just depends on what the company gives up in return.

Would you accept a wage freeze in lieu of paying for benefits? $60/week would be equivalent to a $1.50/hr raise (based on a 40 hour week).

UPSGUY72

Would you accept a wage freeze in lieu of paying for benefits? $60/week would be equivalent to a $1.50/hr raise (based on a 40 hour week).

NO I will not take a wage freeze when the company is making BILLIONS of dollars a quarter we aren't making $31 hour because we in the past agreed to a wage freeze. The only thin I might agree to is a level yearly wage in crease of the life of the contract (ie $.75, $.80. Etc )