Odd situation

bigbaycon

Hey guys, want to start off by saying I'm not currently working for UPS, Ive just come here for advice if possible.
I worked as a preloader about 6 years ago at UPS. As you know UPS requires a time commitment from new hires, and if the new hire does not fulfill the commitment and quits, they're basically not welcome back. Anyway, I decided to quit before I met my time requirement, then almost immediately went to drive for FedEx Ground.
Anyway, on a whim, I went to apply to UPS a couple weeks ago with full expectations of not getting a look at. Oddly enough, I got an email yesterday saying Im invited to their virtual tour for seasonal driver.
My question is, do they not care about the past "commitment rule," anymore as it's gotten so busy lately, or are seasonal drivers just pumped in the building then dumped on the other side of peak?
Thanks for listening!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey guys, want to start off by saying I'm not currently working for UPS, Ive just come here for advice if possible.
I worked as a preloader about 6 years ago at UPS. As you know UPS requires a time commitment from new hires, and if the new hire does not fulfill the commitment and quits, they're basically not welcome back. Anyway, I decided to quit before I met my time requirement, then almost immediately went to drive for FedEx Ground.
Anyway, on a whim, I went to apply to UPS a couple weeks ago with full expectations of not getting a look at. Oddly enough, I got an email yesterday saying Im invited to their virtual tour for seasonal driver.
My question is, do they not care about the past "commitment rule," anymore as it's gotten so busy lately, or are seasonal drivers just pumped in the building then dumped on the other side of peak?
Thanks for listening!
You will be dumpef

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Thanks for listening!
Talk to @Marysmiles2u !!!! She can tell u all about the “rehire” rule!!! LMAO 😂

ChulyDad

New to this whole world of UPS, i spoke to HR they’re hiring me as a Combination Driver which from my reads sound like a FT position to offload some of the work from Union Drivers...i may be wrong, anyway the HR head said that once peak is over around Jan 15 they’ll be an opportunity to stay on force and possibly join the local 80x union which to me sounds way too easy compared to what i’ve heard in the past regarding getting into one of these unions.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
New to this whole world of UPS, i spoke to HR they’re hiring me as a Combination Driver which from my reads sound like a FT position to offload some of the work from Union Drivers...i may be wrong, anyway the HR head said that once peak is over around Jan 15 they’ll be an opportunity to stay on force and possibly join the local 80x union which to me sounds way too easy compared to what i’ve heard in the past regarding getting into one of these unions.
Hr will only tell you what you want to hear, be prepared for no postion after peak

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
804?

JustDeliverIt

You're going to want to talk to your h.r. rep. If they are hiring you as a 22.4 combo driver than that is a FT position once you qualify. If you a seasonal or temporary cover driver than you are done after peak. You may still be able to be brought on to stay, just depends how bad your center needs drivers. Just don't count on it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Thanks for listening!
Are you, or anyone you know interested in palladium coins? I can get you the "bro deal" since you used to work here, and all

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Seasonal is like a good roll of soft toilet paper. Nice while you have it but you run out eventually.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hey guys, Ive just come here for advice if possible.
Thanks for listening!
Even-More-Awesome-Reverse-Life-Advice.gif

BuriedInCardboard

They tell this to every winter hire. You’ll be fired by Jan 15th.

rod

Retired 22 years
They tell this to every winter hire. You’ll be fired by Jan 15th.
Totally agree. This is called " the old carrot on a stick trick". Tell a new hire if they work their butts off, skip their breaks and don't miss any days there is a "chance" they could be kept on after Christmas. Sorry to have to inform them that the "chance" is about zero to none.

ChulyDad

Ok, let’s say i do the job and i put my all into the peak season...is there real money in that? If i’m going to get chewed up and spit out on January will i have at least made money?

JJinVA

Ok, let’s say i do the job and i put my all into the peak season...is there real money in that? If i’m going to get chewed up and spit out on January will i have at least made money?
Yes. Everyone makes a decent chunk of money during peak due to all the overtime we get.