Oddly slow

BrownChoice

Barely broke 43 hours for the week. Not light as far as volume, compared to last year. Just a lot more drivers. I cant complain but i would like to get more overtime. Isnt that the whole greatness of peak??

I think people in general are just gonna wait til the last minute and we will get crushed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Honestly and I cant believe im saying this, but this peak has been easy compared to last year. I think having a lot more routes and drivers and not a whole lot of super bad weather across the country causing delays has helped a lot. So far so good but we shall see if this continues or not lol. Going out with 40 to 70 less stops than last year. Still getting a lot of ot but not getting killed in the process which is super cool in that aspect.

10 point

We shipped a ton of surepost to the p.o. this week and last.

Duplicate stops, proximity stops, over 10# pkgs and commercial stops were sent to the p.o. thus reducing our paid day. We know it to be a fact they're subcontracting our work here.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday is the forecasted Peak Day here, of course we all remember what happened last year. I have never seen so many rentals and extra drivers. They let me enter Safety Audits in the computer yesterday, I didn't touch a single box. Last year our Preload was rolling over ten trailers a day and going down an hour late, this year they are wrapped thirty minutes before our regular start time. They put a storage box with a golf cart in my biggest subdivision a month ago, it hasn't been used one day. I expect things to really hit the fan next week, I have a special Helper lined up.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The building I used to work at has a 21 door inbound. My son, who is a shifter told me today there was a time when 19 of the doors were empty. That is strange. One thing I found out is this year, all the independents are required to drop their trailers in a vacant lot about a half mile from our building. They could sure gum up our yard because they had a tendency to run together, and arrive at the same time. We have a yard dog that is street legal, and he goes down the street and brings in loads as needed.

bumped

Barely broke 43 hours for the week. Not light as far as volume, compared to last year. Just a lot more drivers. I cant complain but i would like to get more overtime. Isnt that the whole greatness of peak??

I think people in general are just gonna wait til the last minute and we will get crushed.

Just ask your loop partners if they have any extra residential for you to do. I'm sure you'll have no shortage takers.

Scuba Steve

All the items I've ordered this year have come on other carriers and not UPS. Amazon has used FDX Ground and Lasership. Overstock.com is using FDX Home. I'm going out on a limb here but feel UPS is going to fall short of peak expectation.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We've topped our all time peak record 4 or 5 times already and it still has been pretty good. I have to give credit to our center manager and on car this year. They were ready for what was to come. This is only my second peak, but it's already 20 times better than last year. Thank God

ManInBrown

Been slow all peak here. I'm figuring it's either one of two things. Post office has a whole bunch of our work. Or they finally got it right and are putting more routes on the road. I'm not someone that normally pays attention to the latter. So I wouldn't know for sure just by looking at the dispatch board in the morning.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
All the items I've ordered this year have come on other carriers and not UPS. Amazon has used FDX Ground and Lasership. Overstock.com is using FDX Home. I'm going out on a limb here but feel UPS is going to fall short of peak expectation
I've probably received 12-13 packages this peak. UPS delivered probably delivered 6-7, followed by USPS-4, and FEDEX, 2-3.