ODPs

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm curious how many ODPs (on demand pickups) most drivers average. I've run routes where I would get 4 a day, but on my current route I average 2 a week.

P.S. I hate it when supervisors refer to them as OCAs (on call airs) because most of the time it's not air.

S

selfcancelsignal

Some days 0. Others, as many as 4. Can be a PITA. I usually have a hard time stop completing them, especially when sometimes I go several days without getting one. & if I decide to view it to see details about it after it was originally sent, (since they ALWAYS pop up at the most inconvenient times) it takes me FOREVER pushing buttons to get back to the EDD for some reason. Wish that part were a smidge simpler.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

9.5er

Some days 0. Others, as many as 4. Can be a PITA. I usually have a hard time stop completing them, especially when sometimes I go several days without getting one. & if I decide to view it to see details about it after it was originally sent, (since they ALWAYS pop up at the most inconvenient times) it takes me FOREVER pushing buttons to get back to the EDD for some reason. Wish that part were a smidge simpler.

If you do look at it some time during the day just hit the prerecord button and it will go back to the bottom of your edd.

9.5er

I only get them,when im having a bad day.
How true. I got one this week on my busiest day. Had to squeeze it in between pickups. Walked into the office (First time ever going to this place) and the secretary told me they would have it up there in a minute. Some kind of cold storage place. Had it in the freezer. She had shipping label so I went ahead and scanned it. It was 137lb EAM. Took nearly 10 minutes before two workers brought it out.
That put me way behind on pickups. Luckily one of the workers helped me get it to the truck though.

JL 0513

Gotta love it when you get a tight p/u window and you're at the opposite end of your route. Had a house call a couple of weeks ago way out of the way and since they wanted to go out, they need me there early. Sucks as it was an area I reach at the end of the day which I could have otherwise done in trace if they weren't going out. Before someone asks why they didn't leave it out, it's because they didn't have a label. So that was another 5 minutes for them to fill one out. Basically meant a 25 minute brake away p/u to and from that set me behind the rest of the day. Pretty annoying. but whatever, right?

Let me guess, we are not given a proper time allowance for such an event, right?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Gotta love it when you get a tight p/u window and you're at the opposite end of your route.
Reject it. Click override. They used to send me ODPs on a previous route that had to be picked up in a 1 hour window while I was doing scheduled pickups elsewhere and physically couldn't be there in that hour. It was a struggle everyday until they listened and gave it to the guy who was already there at that time of day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gotta love it when you get a tight p/u window and you're at the opposite end of your route. Had a house call a couple of weeks ago way out of the way and since they wanted to go out, they need me there early. Sucks as it was an area I reach at the end of the day which I could have otherwise done in trace if they weren't going out. Before someone asks why they didn't leave it out, it's because they didn't have a label. So that was another 5 minutes for them to fill one out. Basically meant a 25 minute brake away p/u to and from that set me behind the rest of the day. Pretty annoying. but whatever, right?

Let me guess, we are not given a proper time allowance for such an event, right?

You broke off to make a residential on-call? Those are always done at the driver's convenience. I personally don't give a damn if they "wanted to go out", if they are unwilling to leave the package out (I am willing to fill out an ASD and leave their copy) I will make the pickup when it best fits in to my schedule, not theirs.

S

selfcancelsignal

You broke off to make a residential on-call? Those are always done at the driver's convenience. I personally don't give a damn if they "wanted to go out", if they are unwilling to leave the package out (I am willing to fill out an ASD and leave their copy) I will make the pickup when it best fits in to my schedule, not theirs.
Our center manager calls us into the office & chews :censored2: if they're not done by the time that shows up in the board that you need to be there by. I was told to put the latest time possible in for when I'd be there, & if I still won't make it, to call the OMS & have them switch it to whatever time I will be able to make it.