Off street driver hires

Boysie8706

Within the last twelve months their have been two drivers hired off the streets but no part time sups were giving an opportunity to fill those outside positions. I think its real unfair for a guy to be hired off the street instead of giving that opportunity to a part time sup who's already been working for the company.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Indecisi0n

Within the last twelve months their have been two drivers hired off the streets but no part time sups were giving an opportunity to fill those outside positions. I think its real unfair for a guy to be hired off the street instead of giving that opportunity to a part time sup who's already been working for the company.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hate to break it to you but If your a part time sup the chances of you going driving are pretty much zero. At least they are where I work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Sent using BrownCafe App
If they thought you were a good candidate for full-time management, they would have put you in one of those positions.
You should consider moving on to another company unless you want to be a P/T Sup until you die.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Sent using BrownCafe App
I personally think it's unfair to have any off the street hires while there are hourly pt guys willing to fill the position, but that's just me.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I personally think it's unfair to have any off the street hires while there are hourly pt guys willing to fill the position, but that's just me.
i am glad it's 6-1 now. When i started it was 3-1 and I have lower driver seniority than several off the street people in my building even though I was already slaving to the grind.

upschuck

Not saying your a bad employee or anything of the sort...

I would have thought your father may have wanted you to work somewhere else because of all the daily Cr*p that goes on here and the long hours..

just saying.
When I started, this was a good company to work for. You could come to work, get your job done(reasonable dispatch), and go home without feeling micromanaged. It started to go downhill fast after it went public, and mgmt was pressured to make every last dime possible.

Rubber Puckies

PT sup just went driving in my center as the off street hire. I guess it depends on location. It's pretty easy going where I'm at.

Sent using BrownCafe App

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I would have thought your father may have wanted you to work somewhere else because of all the daily Cr*p that goes on here and the long hours..

just saying.
A lot has changed since 2002 (when I started.). Also when he got me on, it was suppose to be temporary, just for when I was in highschool. Also he was a feeder driver for 35 years so I think his view is a little skewed on UPS. He still believes it's 1975 UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

just saying.
I know a guy whose son has begged him to get him on as a driver. Dad refuses. He wants better for his son and will not get him on at ups.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
PT sup just went driving in my center as the off street hire. I guess it depends on location. It's pretty easy going where I'm at.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It's tough to do in my building. We had a pretty decent 10+ year PT sup..kept promising to promote him to full time for the last few years. He finally saw the writing on the wall and tried to go driving. Management gave him the runaround for months...until he quit.