off the street Package Delivery Driver

A new underclass of FT drivers that will be paid less, work weekends and have no overtime protections.

I don't agree with the positive spin put on the new classification on this page, but also don't want to produce a detailed description. So here ya go.

https://teamster.org/news/2018/06/n...ct-weekends-package-car-drivers-address-issue

So under the new proposed best contract in the history of contracts...
22.4 jobs are guaranteed 5 days 40 hours a week as long as they report but RPCD are guaranteed the same except the important part also "if work is available".

Dollar Chasing

also none of these have come close to answering my original question
You won’t work essentially towards progression until you are hired on as a permanent employee. But as a temp driver like I believe you are, when you do get switched over, you’ll keep your pay scale at around the three-year rate, and then move forward from there once progression catches up with you.

Box Ox

You won’t work essentially towards progression until you are hired on as a permanent employee. But as a temp driver like I believe you are, when you do get switched over, you’ll keep your pay scale at around the three-year rate, and then move forward from there once progression catches up with you.

Off-street temp drivers in my area earn the same rate a permanent FT driver starting progression does: $18.xx. So unfortunately they wouldn't be red circling at a higher rate even if they could when moving from off street seasonal to a permanent FT gig.

But yeah, red circling running as a FT route temp while a permanent PTer was sweet. Was essentially at the three year rate when I went FT.

opey

your progressions goes by your original start date. so 4 years from your start date you would hit top pay, assuming you are full time and arent laid off at any point. you wont get a raise until after you make book, which hopefully should be before you hit your 1 year anniversary. if you are only driving part time then im not sure how that effects this though, never heard of part time regular package drivers, only air drivers

WTFm8

hello,

I've been getting a lot of conflicting information on this and was wondering if anyone knows the answer. I was hired off the street for package delivery (part-time)and my first day of work was the day after memorial day this year.

being that I'm off the street and never worked inside previous to hiring as PDL, when do I start 4 year progression to top rate? obviously I am reg temp, but I have 2 other friends that i know are at top rate now (one of them) and other will be hitting top rate this September and both are reg-temp.

supervisor(and several other ups people I've talked to) said I will hit top rate in 4 years. our HR person, said something about not being eligible for contractual raises until I'm full time.

I dont know where else to go for this info and was hoping for clarity.

30 WORK days, not calender, then you join union.

Then you need to complete your 30 DRIVING days, again not calender days, and you are qualified as a driver.

Once qualified, you gain/get put on 'senority' list which dates back to your hire date... not your qualify date. Mine is the day after I interviewed.

Over 70

I was a reg temp and yes each punch in a week you worked counted towards your 4 year progression. We didnt have the 85% of top rate that the south has. There were a few reg temps at top rate in my center. It took them 10 years but they got to top rate as a part timer