Off the Street, Seasonal p/t Package Center Supervisor

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Starting next week. Not looking for a career. Just a short term financial move.

Any tips/thoughts/advice to make it an enjoyable holiday season?
Don't piss off the drivers
Don't piss off the loaders
Don't do bargaining work

Find a nice corner to retreat to and curl up in the fetal position after the numerous ass chewings from your boss, their boss, and all of their bosses.

Oh yeah and change your screen name if that is your real name.

trickpony1

Wow.
Have things got this bad that the company will resort to pimping out someone off the street, who knows nothing of the operation, to be a PT package center supervisor?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Ups in a nutshell
Part time supervisor told me yesterday that he gets yelled at for doing things exactly the way he was told they wanted it done.

NMW

Wow.
Have things got this bad that the company will resort to pimping out someone off the street, who knows nothing of the operation, to be a PT package center supervisor?
Yes, because if you DO KNOW inside ops and stay, you are already a UPS Nazi. They try to get new PT sups FRESH in the first week, which a reasonable new hire OUGHT to think,"Hmmm I better get to know my OWn job before I try and supervise anyone---but that's the thing---the dumber the better in their eyes. Like I said in my other post, brains and knowledge will work against YOU there, so if you DO wanna survive through the holidays, act like you can't speak or understand ANY language except at every opportunity, give loaders BAD ADVICE about how to protect themselves against injury--and you'll fit right in!

Yes, because if you DO KNOW inside ops and stay, you are already a UPS Nazi. They try to get new PT sups FRESH in the first week, which a reasonable new hire OUGHT to think,"Hmmm I better get to know my OWn job before I try and supervise anyone---but that's the thing---the dumber the better in their eyes. Like I said in my other post, brains and knowledge will work against YOU there, so if you DO wanna survive through the holidays, act like you can't speak or understand ANY language except at every opportunity, give loaders BAD ADVICE about how to protect themselves against injury--and you'll fit right in!
What
Even @Jkloc420 doesn't understand

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
explain it to me

rod

Retired 22 years
Starting next week. Not looking for a career. Just a short term financial move.

Any tips/thoughts/advice to make it an enjoyable holiday season?

Just go in there with the realization that you can't change anything and everyone on both sides will blame you for everything. Pretend you care, put in your time and get the friend out. Merry Christmas

Box Ox

Let your preloaders know you’re only there for the $. Not there to peddle baloney in hopes of moving up in the career management ranks. The best PT sups are the ones already looking outward toward a much happier life elsewhere.

This job is impossible to learn for a seasonal position we have people training into this for up to 6 months And they still have questions.

As for all you jokers this is not a load supervisor it's not supervising putting packages in a truck. It is supervising real time people on road and facilitating problems with customers and logistics of the poor plans that are put in place every day.. We make it work by assisting the hourly employees out there with their needs throughout the day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This job is impossible to learn for a seasonal position we have people training into this for up to 6 months And they still have questions.

As for all you jokers this is not a load supervisor it's not supervising putting packages in a truck. It is supervising real time people on road and facilitating problems with customers and logistics of the poor plans that are put in place every day.. We make it work by assisting the hourly employees out there with their needs throughout the day.

OMS?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Oh, well In that case you’ve got this

SMGDH

dysphunktion

A decent sup

Are you trolling!!? You gotta be! You didn't know? We just sit in the office and check our FB! I know it's true because those guys that drive around all day, with a computer telling them where to go...they told me...and they know!