Off topic but would be funny

Slick silver

So I was watching I robot this evening and noticed in the back round a FedEx express robot delivering package, I always think how many years we are away from robots taking are jobs and how much companies would love not to have worry about payroll and employees. I know about the whole drones from amazon and stuff. Heck I would say stop worrying about topping out, how about having a job in 10 to 20 years

Sent using BrownCafe App

Serf

Also off topic. Without conducting much research, I was wondering how often a Staff Member has to come into the FedEx Forum section to remind us of the rules, and tell us to behave better? If anything, I think it is indicative of how the people feel here at our company. Mostly (not all) everyone is frustrated. And to have a UPS admin come in here to remind us is like the King coming in to tell the peasants and surfs to pipe down.

dezguy

Also off topic. Without conducting much research, I was wondering how often a Staff Member has to come into the FedEx Forum section to remind us of the rules, and tell us to behave better? If anything, I think it is indicative of how the people feel here at our company. Mostly (not all) everyone is frustrated. And to have a UPS admin come in here to remind us is like the King coming in to tell the peasants and surfs to pipe down.

Really? How much do you pay to use this site? I pay zero to discuss FedEx issues on a UPS forum.

It's Cheryl's website. She pays for it, she makes the rules. Personally I don't think it is an unfair request.

Serf

Really? How much do you pay to use this site? I pay zero to discuss FedEx issues on a UPS forum.

It's Cheryl's website. She pays for it, she makes the rules. Personally I don't think it is an unfair request.
Calm down D. Yes you and I agreed to the terms. Where else can you go to complain? I don't want a PG rating on peoples thoughts and opinions. Too bad we can't take to twitter.

dezguy

Calm down D. Yes you and I agreed to the terms. Where else can you go to complain? I don't want a PG rating on peoples thoughts and opinions. Too bad we can't take to twitter.

... I am calm. There are other forums out there where you can go an discuss FedEx issues. Worse comes to worse, if you don't like any of them, you can start your own site and make your own rules. I don't see a lot of people pulling punches when it comes to their opinion here.

I don't think Cheryl making a post, reminding people to respect each other is over the top.

Serf

... I am calm. There are other forums out there where you can go an discuss FedEx issues. Worse comes to worse, if you don't like any of them, you can start your own site and make your own rules. I don't see a lot of people pulling punches when it comes to their opinion here.

I don't think Cheryl making a post, reminding people to respect each other is over the top.
Ok than. I guess to regain some focus. Frustration, anger, animosity, strife, loss, and ineptitude are some of the general feelings I get around the forum in the FedEx side. It's hard to convey or debate when that's whats inside. It's not over the top to ask each other to do it respectfully, but can be challenging.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

To answer your question...every once in awhile. The level of anger and frustration is through the roof at FedEx these days. Employees are sick of the lies, the bullying tactics, and the overall "work harder for less" attitude they have toward us. Fred has us over a barrel, he knows it, and he's pounding away. Without the IBT, there is nothing we can do but WAD and "fight back" under their radar.

Cheryl sort of understands this, but not really. She likes discussions to remain civil, which they probably should be, but a lot of folks are VERY angry with FedEx right now. This latest October Surprise is just another slap across the face and a ramming sans lube. It's very hard to be nice when they are screwing you every way possible. If you consider the new Medical along with the rest, it's amazing nobody has gone postal yet.

It's her site, and she gets to make the rules. Keep it reasonable, and it will be OK. That includes me.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

From what I've seen, she allows us a lot more freedom than on the UPS side. It's pretty rare that she comments on anyone's behavior in here. There is a lot more censoring in the UPS Forums. Check it out sometime.

MAKAVELI

From what I've seen, she allows us a lot more freedom than on the UPS side. It's pretty rare that she comments on anyone's behavior in here. There is a lot more censoring in the UPS Forums. Check it out sometime.
I think that's because some people on the UPS side can't take a little smack talk. You say one thing they don't like and they are running to mommy (Cheryl). I for one don't take anything on here too personal.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
To answer your question...every once in awhile. The level of anger and frustration is through the roof at FedEx these days. Employees are sick of the lies, the bullying tactics, and the overall "work harder for less" attitude they have toward us. Fred has us over a barrel, he knows it, and he's pounding away. Without the IBT, there is nothing we can do but WAD and "fight back" under their radar.

Cheryl sort of understands this, but not really. She likes discussions to remain civil, which they probably should be, but a lot of folks are VERY angry with FedEx right now. This latest October Surprise is just another slap across the face and a ramming sans lube. It's very hard to be nice when they are screwing you every way possible. If you consider the new Medical along with the rest, it's amazing nobody has gone postal yet.

I'm amazed that you're still there and still taking it in light of your astounding qualifications that you've mentioned.