Offered job, now waiting?

Hi everyone,
I applied for "Seasonal Full Time Package Delivery Driver," but when I logged into upsjobs.com the next day the position says "Casual Package Driver."
-First question, is this a step up from seasonal? What does it mean?

I had a phone interview with HR last Wednesday 9/9 and it ended with the HR person offering me the position, saying they need to do a background check, then someone from the hub will call me and schedule a road test, then I will need to do a DOT physical and online training and in person training as Integrad is closed due to COVID, etc.
-Second question, I authorized my background to be run 10 days ago and haven't heard anything back. Is this normal these days? Anyone on here going through the hiring process and can say if they're in the same boat or different?

I've got a job currently that requires two weeks notice or I will forfeit my PTO, which has accumulated to about 88 hours right now... that's a full two week check cash-out I don't want to lose, so I'm trying to plan accordingly.

Any advice or updates on new hires is appreciated.
I've attached screenshots of my status if anyone can decipher anything from it.

Attachments

• ups1.PNG
    ups1.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 164
  • ups2.PNG
    ups2.PNG
    219.8 KB · Views: 193
Hi everyone,
I applied for "Seasonal Full Time Package Delivery Driver," but when I logged into upsjobs.com the next day the position says "Casual Package Driver."

I had a phone interview with HR last Wednesday 9/9 and it ended with the HR person offering me the position, saying they need to do a background check, then someone from the hub will call me and schedule a road test, then I will need to do a DOT physical and online training and in person training as Integrad is closed due to COVID, etc.
-Second question, I authorized my background to be run 10 days ago and haven't heard anything back. Is this normal these days? Anyone on here going through the hiring process and can say if they're in the same boat or different?

I've got a job currently that requires two weeks notice or I will forfeit my PTO, which has accumulated to about 88 hours right now... that's a full two week check cash-out I don't want to lose, so I'm trying to plan accordingly.

Do not quit your other job

My current job had it's hours cut from 40 to 24 with no end in sight.

I'm looking to move to something that could have a future, I'm at an intersection right now and if I continue straight (staying at current job) I'm headed for a dead end.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My current job had it's hours cut from 40 to 24 with no end in sight.

I'm looking to move to something that could have a future, I'm at an intersection right now and if I continue straight (staying at current job) I'm headed for a dead end.

go for it
Lots of opportunities on preload

Cloud

Hi everyone,

I wouldn't worry about the title. When I applied, the title was something dumb also. You applied for a seasonal driver job...that's what you are going to get.

When I first started out as a seasonal, it took a couple weeks for that background check period as well. It really just depends on your facility. I can tell you right now, we don't have enough routes going out to cover all the full-timers. Peak doesn't really start picking up until mid-October. If your place is slow right now, they are probably trying to delay starting the seasonals.

However, to echo the other voices here...HAVE A PLAN B. This is a seasonal job. You will be good for like 2 months, but they will let you go the second they can. Don't believe the "I'M GONNA DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO KEEP YOU ON AFTER PEAK." Being kept on is not the normal, it's the exception. I was let go after Christmas day for my first peak season.

Ackerlin

They'll call you near the end of October, maybe mid to get your paper work done. But you have to know this before you quit your job, you will not make seniority or be garunteed :censored2: as a "seasonal" anything at UPS during peak, they will use and abuse you when it's heavy only to toss you aside like a used tissue when it's over. If you're confident, work your ass off, and do as you're told they might let you try and qualify, sometime after peak.

Yesterday, my application required attention which was direct deposit info, tax stuff etc. Seems that's the final onboarding stuff.

Funny (or not) thing is they announced Prime Day for Oct 13 on Tuesday and my stuff got moved forward the next day.