Oh, the joys of Saturday

R

RuralRoute

As if working Saturdays already isn't bad enough...

Had a delivery for a hospital in one of my bigger towns. Since the shipping dude isn't there, I have learned to take them back to ER admissions. So I carry this thing, which is long and awkward, shaped like hockey stick but much much MUCH heavier, thinking I'll just be dropping it off like usual. The little broads at the counter look up and then back down at their phones, most likely on Facebook or Tinder, and say "Oh, that goes to Radiology." (3rd floor) like it's just some small box that floated its way with me. I take it to the right place, by this point wishing I had wheeled it, and of course there is no one at the desk. It's a DSR, so it's not like I can just drop it. I can't wait all day, so I go back to the same little bimbos and tell them it has been left in the correct place, now PLEASE sign here. They look at each other like I just told them I know their racks are fake, and say "Sorry, I can't be held liable for that."
Really!?
I'm done. The package is where it is, and a janitor signed for it on my way out with an obviously fake name.

Work As Directed.

R

RuralRoute

Oh ok. Guess I should attach a picture of my ugly gap report showing 22 minutes for that stop along with a signature image capture showing J Smith from the guy whose nametag said Bruce.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Where do I begin?

When the "shipping dude"is not there you would call the switchboard and they would send someone down to meet you.

The "little broads" in the ER would have no idea where the package was supposed to go.

There is no way that you would leave a DSR on the 3rd floor and come back down to the ER for an autograph.

R

RuralRoute

In a perfect world. My bad, I failed to mention this is a small town hospital with literally a handful of people running the place, so that doesn't leave many options of people to "meet me." Ain't no way I'm taking that pkg back down either.

R

RuralRoute

Hope I get to see what that's like one day. I drive past so many happy families out fishing and enjoying the day. Oh well, there's always Sunday, right?

Purplepackage

Where do I begin?

When the "shipping dude"is not there you would call the switchboard and they would send someone down to meet you.

The "little broads" in the ER would have no idea where the package was supposed to go.

There is no way that you would leave a DSR on the 3rd floor and come back down to the ER for an autograph.

One problem with what you said here (even though I know your always right) one of the local hospitals near our station has saturday people drop all of the shipments to the security guard at the main entrance to the hospital because shipping and receiving is closed and it also about 15 minutes from the actual hospital

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One problem with what you said here (even though I know your always right) one of the local hospitals near our station has saturday people drop all of the shipments to the security guard at the main entrance to the hospital because shipping and receiving is closed and it also about 15 minutes from the actual hospital

Are you telling me that you believe the OP's story?

R

RuralRoute

I once had an idea of wearing a Go-Pro when I started this job to see if I could catch some interesting stuff. Because of Upstate, I might consider doing that from now on.

Purplepackage

Are you telling me that you believe the OP's story?

Most of it, the part where he actually went to the third floor though that's sketchy, if the ER is where you take stuff on Saturday and they won't sign you just mark it refused and wait till someone at the hospital finds out they didn't sign. (that is of course if the hospital wants the stuff delivered to the ER)

pkg4me

Had a delivery for a hospital in one of my bigger towns. Since the shipping dude isn't there, I have learned to take them back to ER admissions. So I carry this thing, which is long and awkward, shaped like hockey stick but much much MUCH heavier, thinking I'll just be dropping it off like usual. The little broads at the counter look up and then back down at their phones, most likely on Facebook or Tinder, and say "Oh, that goes to Radiology." (3rd floor) like it's just some small box that floated its way with me. I take it to the right place, by this point wishing I had wheeled it, and of course there is no one at the desk. It's a DSR, so it's not like I can just drop it. I can't wait all day, so I go back to the same little bimbos and tell them it has been left in the correct place, now PLEASE sign here. They look at each other like I just told them I know their racks are fake, and say "Sorry, I can't be held liable for that."
Really!?
I'm done. The package is where it is, and a janitor signed for it on my way out with an obviously fake name.

Work As Directed.
I have the same thing happen to me on Saturdays...We are always told to take it to the ER on Saturdays...most of the time they make me wait for someone to retrieve the pkg but will not sign and other times they tell me oh go to the lab in the basement etc knowing ain't a soul around...

l22

Really!?

Work As Directed.

WAD

whenIgetthere

I have the same thing happen to me on Saturdays...We are always told to take it to the ER on Saturdays...most of the time they make me wait for someone to retrieve the pkg but will not sign and other times they tell me oh go to the lab in the basement etc knowing ain't a soul around...

Used to deliver to a hospital on my old Saturday route, everything went to the front info desk. Was only a package every few weeks. But got sig for flowers one day, info desk lost them. After that, no deliveries accepted at all at the hospital on Saturday. I was fine with that.

Dex01

Banned
Used to deliver to a hospital on my old Saturday route, everything went to the front info desk. Was only a package every few weeks. But got sig for flowers one day, info desk lost them. After that, no deliveries accepted at all at the hospital on Saturday. I was fine with that.

Stories about packages being delivered are pretty interesing.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Once upon a time when I was a courier I went out one Saturday and delivered all my deliveries. I think I even had a delivery to a hospital. I'll never forget that day. It was really awesome and I think back on it a lot.

overflowed

Once upon a time when I was a courier I went out one Saturday and delivered all my deliveries. I think I even had a delivery to a hospital. I'll never forget that day. It was really awesome and I think back on it a lot.
You're a prrick sometimes, but a funny one.