Ohio UPS store owner personally drives package 1,250 miles to Florida for on-time delivery

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Ohio UPS store owner personally drives package 1,250 miles to Florida for on-time delivery - WTSP

A UPS store owner is bringing new meaning to customer service.

Ardeshir Agahi runs one of the package delivery service's locations in the Cleveland suburb Chagrin Falls. According to NPR, a customer recently arrived with two large paintings to ship to his home in Naples, Florida.

It was important they arrived by Saturday, but UPS has been super busy and would not have gotten the artwork to Florida in time. That's when NPR says Agahi hopped into his 2011 Subaru Outback and took matters into his own hands.

DriverNerd

Something doesn't add up here. UPS was too busy to deliver on a Saturday? He probably charged the guy a couple hundred bucks for the delivery and this way he keeps it all.

JJinVA

Something doesn't add up here. UPS was too busy to deliver on a Saturday? He probably charged the guy a couple hundred bucks for the delivery and this way he keeps it all.

Dont know how good his car is on gas but sounds like he would have spent most of the profit on the drive. I think he probably just wanted to meet the wealthy owner of the paintings personally so he could secure some more business probably. "See how much I care about your stuff sir!"