Ok seriously if you had to do it all over again-Would you?

HULKAMANIA

I have to admit I was a lurker on this forum before I became a member. I have read sooo many stories of guys that are just NOT happy with this job at all. Honestly I can see why, especially if UPS was completely different when you started. So my question is for all of you drivers that have years in this company. If you had to do it all over again would you?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No, I would not.
I worked many jobs where I made a lot less, had more time for family and friends, drove junk cars coz I could have walked to work, and had nice stuff that I got coz I had time to shop for it.
Now I drive nice stuff, breaks down just as much, costs more to fix, gotta buy stuff when I see it coz I dont have time to shop, friends are mad at me coz I never call. Rarely see my grandchildren coz I dont take time off, so see them on vaca. Get home. eat. bathe, watch the news and go to bed. Recover on the weekends. The more you have the more it costs. I would go back to my housepayment of 400.00 per month, my pinto, and my hometown in a heartbeat. Problem is you cant go back. Now my kids are gone, my parents are gone, my brother and sister are gone.
And Im getting older, my highlight in life is the occasional time I get to go somewhere on the weekend, but Im always recovering.
And the big thing is walking in the door of work on Monday, and everyone is happy to see everyone, now everyone dreads the week. And is waiting for the boss to tell you, that you were the biggest loser.
Sorry, as good a company as UPS is, they treat us like crap, and I would never ever do it over, if I was offered a do over.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
No matter where you go, you have to take yourself with you.

In other words - if you're miserable working here for more than most people will ever make, then you'll probably be your same miserable self anywhere you go.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No matter where you go, you have to take yourself with you.

In other words - if you're miserable working here for more than most people will ever make, then you'll probably be your same miserable self anywhere you go.
Not miserable, just not happy with it. I make the best of everything I do. This is just harder than most. And I wish I had chosen a different path, knowing what I know now, then, I would have. Reality, I deal with it.

srvhero

"leastbest"
I hate lemonade.......and UPS......I'm quitting tomorrow......Never mind, we are in a deep recession and UPS will not let me have my B@lls back..

satellitedriver

If I would have bought $3,000.00 of WMT stock in 1972, I would have 30 million dollars today.
Looking back always has its regrets.
I would do it again, with a few changes.
The way I see it, I made a choice and had 25yrs to decide to stay or leave.
All I have to do is look at the multitudes around me and thank my lucky stars.

I love this wisdom from an anonymous writer.

Choose your ride carefully,
laughed the mother.
I only bought you one ticket.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would change very little. Life is good-----------------------------now that I have that nasty UPS 30 year thing out of the way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hope they change retirement to 25 years and out. This way I only have 24.5 years left.

The trend is for the retirement age to be extended, not shortened.

I would do it all over again only if I were unable to use my degree elsewhere. UPS has provided me and my family with a comfortable lifestyle and has allowed me to assist both children with their college educations. We used the medical benefits time and again with little to no out of pocket. I have a nice home and am looking forward to a secure retirement. Yeah, we work hard, but are well compensated for it. It could be a lot worse.

Indecisi0n

The trend is for the retirement age to be extended, not shortened.

I would do it all over again only if I were unable to use my degree elsewhere. UPS has provided me and my family with a comfortable lifestyle and has allowed me to assist both children with their college educations. We used the medical benefits time and again with little to no out of pocket. I have a nice home and am looking forward to a secure retirement. Yeah, we work hard, but are well compensated for it. It could be a lot worse.

I agree.