Ok seriously if you had to do it all over again-Would you?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
90 percent of the drivers love their jobs !
It's the constant harrassment and forced long days that piss off these employees

The other 10% would bitch no matter what

U

uber

90 percent of the drivers love their jobs !
It's the constant harrassment and forced long days that piss off these employees

The other 10% would bitch no matter what

That 10% have found a place on the internet where they can gather and bitch.

CharleyHustle

30 years ago my center was running a bunch of 5cubes, several 6cubes and 10cubes were the largest cars. Now we have routes delivered out of a BBT, 12s, 10s, 8s, and 7cubes are the smallest. Before we wrote down every address and shipper # on paper, now it's just a scan. I started in a 5, then 6, went to a 10 then an 8 then back to a 10 and the last 15 years in a 7. If I had to go the whole 30 in a 10cube or larger, I just don't think I could make it. Like Upstate the job has been very good to me, but my career has been during an remarkable growth period at UPS and the US in general. My friends, the times they are a changin.

Packmule

Maybe, but only if I was no more in tune with what I wanted out of life than I was when I was younger. It was around mid-life that I began to understand what I would have liked to do with myself. Now, all I want to be when I grow up is RETIRED! Really though, tough as it is, it's tough anywhere you go, and if the stress don't kill you, the excercise will make you live forever!

Only thing I would have done differntly is went full time faster to get our faster. I was a "red circle employee" so I made good money part time and stayed that way 7 years,but I am leaving at thanksgiving anyway so I cant complain too much.

helenofcalifornia

Only if I started when I did. I would not do it and start over again in the present work environment of UPS. Just too plain crazy now. You youngsters will never know the "good times" at UPS.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
nope,, there is no advancement at ups, operations, HAH, i wish i would have gone into law enforcement

slantnosechevy

30 years ago my center was running a bunch of 5cubes, several 6cubes and 10cubes were the largest cars. Now we have routes delivered out of a BBT, 12s, 10s, 8s, and 7cubes are the smallest. Before we wrote down every address and shipper # on paper, now it's just a scan. I started in a 5, then 6, went to a 10 then an 8 then back to a 10 and the last 15 years in a 7. If I had to go the whole 30 in a 10cube or larger, I just don't think I could make it. Like Upstate the job has been very good to me, but my career has been during an remarkable growth period at UPS and the US in general. My friends, the times they are a changin.

Sure you could. I've been in a 10 for 25years. It can be done. Although I'm in a 25 and out local and don't intend on finding out.

brownedout

Good thread, over looked it when it started. I would like to think I would answer with an emphatic NO! However all kidding aside I just can't. I have a beautiful wife and an even more beautiful son. If I had done anything different all else changes also. So yes, if I had the chance I would do it all over again, exactly as it happened, wouldn't change a thing. deja vu...

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Why do people say it could always be worse....It could also be a lot better. I was raised on hard work and long hours. My father knew it was the only way his children could support themselves.
He could have been much more successful but he refused to do what most people do.

Sell pieces of themselves, their honesty and integrity, off over the years in exchange for money and security. Yeah, the money and benefits are good but we earn those. Having to suffer a never ending line of arrogant, willfully ignorant, intimidating, greedy, sadistic half-humans who call themselves "managers" is the source of great pain. It doesn't have to be this way.
The trend is for the retirement age to be extended, not shortened.

I would do it all over again only if I were unable to use my degree elsewhere. UPS has provided me and my family with a comfortable lifestyle and has allowed me to assist both children with their college educations. We used the medical benefits time and again with little to no out of pocket. I have a nice home and am looking forward to a secure retirement. Yeah, we work hard, but are well compensated for it. It could be a lot worse.

Scuderia

I'm a part timer, and until recently I wanted to be a driver so bad, but now I'm having second thoughts. Do I want to give my body to UPS for them to basically ruin? I love sports (not watching, participating), especially road cycling. Cycling saved my life, literally. I don't think I want to give that up. At this point I think I'll wait another 10 years to get a full-time job working inside the hub, and if not, with seniority comes privileges. So stretching out your work day becomes possible. There's a lot of "part-timers" at my hub who get 30-35 hours a week regularly.

If I could go back to the time UPS hired my part time, and do it all over again, would I? Definitely! As far as part time blue collar jobs go, UPS has to be at the top.