Ok seriously if you had to do it all over again-Would you?

Indecisi0n

I bust my @$$ and i am compensated for it. Most people who complain are the runner and gunners who's bodies are breaking down a little more each day. It's those same people who curse UPS and the system on a daily basis and still have no clue that the only one they have to blame is themselves.

Bad Gas!

I would do it again. I just wish the founder, Jim Casey, could see how micro managed and impersonal employee relations are...and furthermore how customer satisfaction isn't more important than netting every corporate dollar. By this I mean cutting and switching drivers and driver time deliveries to certain companies. Like most drivers here, I think we have an excellent package of a job but it could be more more personally like caring about your employee's. Mgt wants numbers, numbers, numbers...The body, as you get older, is just one bad move away from snap, crackle pop with the excessive OT that we have to do...I can feel great somedays for 8-9 hours..But the margin of injury goes up after that...counter productive...

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Looking up from the grindstone after all these years my nose is missing. I think I would do it over again for the way I was able to provide for my family. I really regret all the family times I missed out on because of the O/T. Will never be able to replace all of the sports and school programs that my children were in but I missed. I knew that when I punched in at work they owned me until job was done. I learned to never plan anything on a work day, not even a late dinner. Make the most of the days your not working to make up for the ones you do.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I've always said UPS is like being in a family that practices a lot of tough love. I've been to hell and back and sometime's when your lucky enough to get a good manager or two its the best job in the world. Yet, that hasn't always been my experience. Every job has its good and bad cops but at least this one allowed me to live a middle class life and will give my children a better start in this world than I had. Yea, I'd do it again.

lytkep

Meanwhile he has zero hours in the hub, putting his "time" in. It is frightening that people like him have a voice in things that could shape the next 25 years of my life.

Welcome to become part of a Labor Union that makes decisions for individuals!
Bob

spankyup

mister blister
Glad I did the 36 years and my retirement is wonderful... Would I begin now... .no. not the same company....treats employees poorly...for safety you memorize ...should repair worn out package cars and dispatch reasonable hours....that would be safer ! I still bleed brown , miss my customers and never minded the work but sure disliked the way we ran it.....I am hopeful the brown world improves for all of you.

Logb17

No I wouldn't. This is my first week of seniority, and Im kicking myself for not going back to my 34 hour a week pt job I actually liked. Now I stay up at night with regret and stressing about work the next day and if Ill get home in time to see my daughter even.

Indecisi0n

No I wouldn't. This is my first week of seniority, and Im kicking myself for not going back to my 34 hour a week pt job I actually liked. Now I stay up at night with regret and stressing about work the next day and if Ill get home in time to see my daughter even.

Welcome to the club! :wink2:

Passinwind

If I had seen this thread last year I would of said yes......don't get me wrong I like the job..I like moving around seeing people being active..I would go nuts in a cube everyday ....but this last Jan. I torn my ACL in my right knee while making a delivery....now UPS is fighting me about this...they actually filed in the injury report with a fictious statement that has just screwed me over....THEY( management) LIED....SHOCKER....I've been there 16 years and I'm really upset at this....I'm waiting for a hearing that's in May.....I can't even use my sick week or personal days.....so I think I would do something else ....it's not the same company as when I started....BTW. I have not had my surgery yet....still waiting

Passinwind

They lied on the report...they stated I didn't know when or where I got hurt....when in fact I had given a written statement and virbal statement ...to the fact.....this inconsistency has delayed the work mans comp for 2 months and it's going to be 5 months by the time the hearing gets here......like is aid frustrating

Indecisi0n

I am new and i try to play the neutral part in the union VS management role but the more i hear about sneaky dishonest management the more resistant it makes me become. For example like using my phone to call others for meet points instead of using the horrible DIAD texting.