Ok, who here has experience with Leo?

HedleyLamarr

The address of a stop isn’t displayed in LEO? Hmm.
The addresses are listed, they just aren't in any particular order. It only takes a second to find Main St if your addresses are in alphabetical order. With the Leo, who knows where your Main St stop is listed. It could be at the beginning or end and anywhere in between.

Nolimitz

you can scan the astra (in most cases) and it will populate the address field. It depends on the daily software load if it works right

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That won't be a problem for too much longer. SRA and DRA are being phased out. Express is getting LEO because it's part of the system that's replacing ROADS.
Because the ROADS program apparently sucked.

I wouldn't expect the next program to be much better though.

AB831

That won't be a problem for too much longer. SRA and DRA are being phased out. Express is getting LEO because it's part of the system that's replacing ROADS.
Never thought you'd be the one to deliver the best news I'd read all day.

HedleyLamarr

you can scan the astra (in most cases) and it will populate the address field. It depends on the daily software load if it works right
Yep, you can do this. That is why it is important to have your truck set up in stop order. I just look at the addresses of the packages next up on the shelf; it's faster than looking on the Leo. I am always a bit nervous that I will miss something on the floor. This is also why it is tempting to put freight in the cab; you can easily and quickly see your next addresses.

It's not bad though; after a week of use I feel I am just as fast with the Leo as with the Powerpad.

!Retired!

Yep, you can do this. That is why it is important to have your truck set up in stop order. I just look at the addresses of the packages next up on the shelf; it's faster than looking on the Leo. I am always a bit nervous that I will miss something on the floor. This is also why it is tempting to put freight in the cab; you can easily and quickly see your next addresses.

It's not bad though; after a week of use I feel I am just as fast with the Leo as with the Powerpad.
That's how it was before the DRA....doing it old school baby!!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yep, you can do this. That is why it is important to have your truck set up in stop order. I just look at the addresses of the packages next up on the shelf; it's faster than looking on the Leo. I am always a bit nervous that I will miss something on the floor.

This worked for me. Get a few FedEx envelopes before your shift. When you get an oversized package, write the address on an envelope and put it on your shelf where that package would go if it wasn't oversized. That way you'll see a reminder when you are getting your package for the stop that's right before that one.

whenIgetthere

This worked for me. Get a few FedEx envelopes before your shift. When you get an oversized package, write the address on an envelope and put it on your shelf where that package would go if it wasn't oversized. That way you'll see a reminder when you are getting your package for the stop that's right before that one.

That's what I have always done.

FedexGirl

I wanted to give it a week of use before I gave my opinion, so overall, the Leo is OK, but I miss the powerpad.

Firstly, logging in on Leo is a pain. You have to type in your ID number AND your password. No more just quickly scanning your ID badge.

Secondly, filling out your timecard is more of a pain because it won't let you enter activities you will be doing in the near future. For example, if you clock in at 0730 the only thing you will be able to enter is your 48. Normally, I will go ahead and enter my 48, 40, and 53 all at once, but the Leo won't let you enter a future time on the timecard. You have to actually wait until 0735 to do your 40 and 0740 to enter your 53.

Thirdly, my biggest gripe, I don't like how the Leo has my delivery stops ordered. My station is SRA. With the powerpad, my stops are listed in alphabetical order, P1s first, then P2s. There seems to be no order on the Leo. They are broken down by commit time, but within their commit time category, the stops are listed randomly making it very difficult to find them. This past week, it has been critically important for me to set up my truck in delivery order because I will not be able to find stops on the Leo. I dearly wish there was a way for my to get the addresses put in ABC order like I am used to.

Lastly, I do question the durability of these things. The Leo device I was given on Friday already had a broken yellow scan button. We have only had these for a week, and buttons are already starting to break.

On the plus side, doing pups is faster. You can scan immediately after opening up a stop and not have to keep hitting OK with the DG warnings on the Powerpad.

Battery life has been excellent. I work about 10.5 hours most days, and it never dropped lower than 25%. The powerpad was usually down to 10% at the end of my day.

I like how it automatically connects to dispatch and gives them your stop count so you don't have to enter it in manually anymore.

And your time card gets printed automatically when you enter your print timecard; you don't have to "shoot" it like you do the powerpad.

So overall, it has some upsides for sure, but not being able to quickly find delivery addresses is a huge pain. It almost makes me want to put freight in the cab with me so I can look at the addresses of my next few stops. Won't be able to find them on the Leo.
It’s slow AF on delivery scans - and that moveable scam button on the screen is finicky. Agree on the alpha order - everyone needs that

PurpleMatt

They finally rolled the LEOs out today at our station. Overall, I already prefer it to the PowerPad. My DBs opened up in record time compared to using my PPad, and when scanning large bulk PUPs, the LEO didn't lock up or freeze once, and the laser is really good grabbing codes at various angles. It's definitely a more delicate device though, that won't handle the abuse that the PPad could. It's basically as rugged as your mobile phone, only fatter. It won't survive many (if any) drops in the truck.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They finally rolled the LEOs out today at our station. Overall, I already prefer it to the PowerPad. My DBs opened up in record time compared to using my PPad, and when scanning large bulk PUPs, the LEO didn't lock up or freeze once, and the laser is really good grabbing codes at various angles. It's definitely a more delicate device though, that won't handle the abuse that the PPad could. It's basically as rugged as your mobile phone, only fatter. It won't survive many (if any) drops in the truck.
So dropping it down the steps of a 700 and onto the ground won’t end well? Lol.

HedleyLamarr

That's interesting; one of the problems the PM drivers here are having is opening DBs. We must have a lot of older DBs without the NFC (can't remember the abbreviation) and Bluetooth isn't working either. Dispatch actually sent out a message last week asking for the addresses of all DBs the Leo wouldn't open.

Scanning is definitely faster, especially van scanning in the morning. But I do miss the PP keyboard; I am mistyping everything!