Okay, Here we go, fdx says.......

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I talked to the FedEx Ground driver in my area last week. He says he's slammed, he's got over 80 stops today. I look at my diad with the 162 stops and I say "that sucks !! " :)

How many of those stops have bulk, over resi? How many packages does he have overall.

80 stops can mean alot, if buisness of course. They could have a ton of work that would've went threw us. Details man, details. Otherwise, ask those questions above.

Not trying to knock anyones parade here, The more you KNOW! XD

packageguy

Yes and no. I don't mean to offend you or any other driver, but it seems a lot have lost focus. Show me a job where a non HS graduate(Pretty sure UPS doesn't require a diploma) can make $33 an hour, and $49.50 an hour for OT, which a lot of us get at least ten hours a week. I'm not saying bow to UPS corporate but damn man. A lot of drivers make more than a lot of college grads, and never had to pay student loans.

I'm not going to get offendered, I have a college education, I did the whole Wall Street and banking thing. I didn't like it, I left. My parents thought I was crazy, but I am not going to do something I don't like.

stink219

Just heard alittle while ago, FDX says they could go down 6%. Who really beleives this garbage. How can they have not money, they are a cash cow.
many part-timers, they have contracts doing ground, paying them peanuts, I could go on and on. Just want to know what you guys and gals think?
This should be good....lol
It's all based on PROJECTIONS. UPS, FedEx, DHL. The might say they are down 6% based on what they anticipate. Happens all the time at UPS. center manager said we were down PU pieces from last year. I looked into it further. We were actually up pieces with a 3% growth, but because they projected 5% growth, they said we were down 2%. It's the UPS math.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's all based on PROJECTIONS. UPS, FedEx, DHL. The might say they are down 6% based on what they anticipate. Happens all the time at UPS. center manager said we were down PU pieces from last year. I looked into it further. We were actually up pieces with a 3% growth, but because they projected 5% growth, they said we were down 2%. It's the UPS math.

I have really never heard management say ups was growing...even in the years we were adding drivers faster than we had the trucks to put on routes. Only time I ever hear growth is during quarterly stock reports...they seem to want to keep this info from us. I guess instead of being part of the team we are all really part of the problem...great way to think about your employees.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I'm in a city with 8 full time routes.
FedEx Ground has 2 routes

That's all the info you need :)
That Ground has two trucks full of stuff everyday that should be on Brown trucks? Or that there is still alot of domestic business for us to go after?

HomeDelivery

aw sam...

heffernan saying that in the same coverage area, they have 8 UPS vehicles servicing (have tighter routes/ more dense delivery points) while Ground has only 2 vehicles speeding around to make their dropoff/pickup deadlines...

I know when I cover a route, i'll see an average of 4-6 different UPS vehicles in the same area... max zipcodes i've ever done was 10 & stop count goes out the window for that if HD were to follow Express and UPS "stops-per-car" methods

bbsam

Staff member
aw sam...

heffernan saying that in the same coverage area, they have 8 UPS vehicles servicing (have tighter routes/ more dense delivery points) while Ground has only 2 vehicles speeding around to make their dropoff/pickup deadlines...

I know when I cover a route, i'll see an average of 4-6 different UPS vehicles in the same area... max zipcodes i've ever done was 10 & stop count goes out the window for that if HD were to follow Express and UPS "stops-per-car" methods
There are all kinds of conclusions that can be drawn.

purplesky

In my large city delivery area FDX ground has never added another route versus the 5 UPS routes and a split car sometimes. This is a 10 year period. I am kind of suprised.

I guess price isnt everything even in this economy. The dude that owns the FDX ground route has gone through alot of drivers. Its kind of a joke with the customers.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes and no. I don't mean to offend you or any other driver, but it seems a lot have lost focus. Show me a job where a non HS graduate(Pretty sure UPS doesn't require a diploma) can make $33 an hour, and $49.50 an hour for OT, which a lot of us get at least ten hours a week. I'm not saying bow to UPS corporate but damn man. A lot of drivers make more than a lot of college grads, and never had to pay student loans.
OptimusPrime,

Money isn't everything.

Sincerely,
I

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There are all kinds of conclusions that can be drawn.

All I know is that the FedEx Ground route in my area would be the easiest route in my building !

Plus, he is back to his building everyday at 530 !! Seniority drivers would fight each other to bid it !! JMO