Old Dogs, Old Hanger On'ers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Met a guy at lunch today I started with 42 years ago.
He is still working as a friend/T Inside in the small sort with 42 years in.
No plans to retire anytime soon.

We made plans to get together and discuss old times at lunch.

Any other stories like this?

32F driver

Package driver in my center has 38 years in. UPS is the only job he's ever worked. He's still healthy with no plans yet. Me, I won't work a day past 30 years. My anniversary, I'm done.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

On driver over 40 years in. He will be gone in a year or two. One FT inside with close to 40 and he just laughs if anyone mentions retirement. Says he has the easiest job in the world.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
On driver over 40 years in. He will be gone in a year or two. One FT inside with close to 40 and he just laughs if anyone mentions retirement. Says he has the easiest job in the world.

My old center just bid out an Air Driver/Porter 22.3 job. You better believe that had that come up two and a half years ago, I would have been all over it.

I guarantee that guy will be on the street six to seven hours a day at full rate, and pretend-portering to finish his eight.

Indecisi0n

42 years? Bad investments?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Or just having too much fun going to work everyday. Some people may think enjoying your work is sad. I think not enjoying your work is more sad. I do agree there comes a time to move on to the next phase of your life.
I mean if you get off almost two months a year. You can work and still enjoy life.

Indecisi0n

Or just having too much fun going to work everyday. Some people may think enjoying your work is sad. I think not enjoying your work is more sad. I do agree there comes a time to move on to the next phase of your life.
Maybe I bust balls out of jealously. I can't see people liking the "new UPS".