Old-ish Guy Looking for Encouragement

Snack

I'm 36 years old, currently a part-timer with aspirations of driving package cars and eventually feeders. I expect to get an opportunity to drive sometime in 2018.

Only a handful of my coworkers are working towards becoming drivers, but of course they're all in their early 20's. Sometimes I have doubts about my plans and whether or not my body will be able to hack it over the long haul.

I'm hoping to hear experiences from guys that started later like me. Or perhaps you work with a dude who's still kicking ass well into his 50's?

Can anyone offer some encouragement?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'm 36 years old, currently a part-timer with aspirations of driving package cars and eventually feeders. I expect to get an opportunity to drive sometime in 2018.

Only a handful of my coworkers are working towards becoming drivers, but of course they're all in their early 20's. Sometimes I have doubts about my plans and whether or not my body will be able to hack it over the long haul.

I'm hoping to hear experiences from guys that started later like me. Or perhaps you work with a dude who's still kicking ass well into his 50's?

Amphetamines!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
My old on road sup started driving at age 38 and from what I heard was an absolute beast..he hurt his knee and went into management but he would sometimes run routes at well
Over 60 years old and still do better than a lot of guys...the only sup in the company I ever respected

Been doing this for decades still Rocking.

@scratch has been doing it for 40 years.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Get in shape and get supplement savvy. I take animal flex joint support and fish oil every day. Go to the gym, work your entire body but focus on core and legs. Don't get stupid either, you're not a body builder you're an industrial athlete so weight isn't nearly as important as form and control. Eat a high anti inflammatory diet.

Snack

Get in shape and get supplement savvy. I take animal flex joint support and fish oil every day. Go to the gym, work your entire body but focus on core and legs. Don't get stupid either, you're not a body builder you're an industrial athlete so weight isn't nearly as important as form and control. Eat a high anti inflammatory diet.
Thanks for the pointers. I have an extra 20 lbs I need to lose for sure.

RuthlessSupSlayer

I am in my mid 30s as well. Been doing Preload for 9 whole months. But what i also haf was a repaired acl when i was 18. Take supplements, healthy diet and stay safe. You will be fine. I am getting close myself to driving.

And we aren't Oldish we are youngish ;) stay positive.

Box Ox

A lot of how your body handles the job is just chance and genetics. I know drivers in their 20s who already have back problems, and drivers in their late 50s who have zero issues.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
age is just a number. It is your attitude that is more important. if you think you can do it, you can. if you think you can not do it, you can't.

btw , i started 7 weeks shy of my 38th birthday and did just fine.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
age is just a number. It is your attitude that is more important. if you think you can do it, you can. if you think you can not do it, you can't.

btw , i started 7 weeks shy of my 38th birthday and did just fine.

Great advice, IF HE HAD A CDL AND GOING FEEDERS, NOT PACKAGE !!!!!!!

giphy.gif