OMG! My truck is on it's period... what do i dew?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whelp, my uhaul is leaking pinkish red fluid... i try to put the tampon or maxipad that i borrow from my fellow driver on the leak, but to no avail

I will just see if it can last on Saturday so i can limp this craptacular package car to the mechanic on Monday . sigh

Heck, maybe I'll get lucky and finally upgrade to a breadtruck before my workload doubles n ill be out thurr until midnight

Purplepackage

Whelp, my uhaul is leaking pinkish red fluid... i try to put the tampon or maxipad that i borrow from my fellow driver on the leak, but to no avail

I will just see if it can last on Saturday so i can limp this craptacular package car to the mechanic on Monday . sigh

Heck, maybe I'll get lucky and finally upgrade to a breadtruck before my workload doubles n ill be out thurr until midnight

I mean this sincerely, I never get tired of your posts lol

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Whelp is the most under used word by the least articulate people. Go figure...

over9five

Staff member
Whelp, my uhaul is leaking pinkish red fluid... i try to put the tampon or maxipad that i borrow from my fellow driver on the .....

What, are you a doctor now?? This could be something serious. Passing blood is no laughing matter. Please get her checked out!

OrioN

Ova, sorry y'all ... me just too StewPed to pwoperly diagonse this.

Oh, dat red smells sweet, so i reckon its not the transvestite fluid. i pop da rad cap and whee !!! found its dat dumb DexCool fluid.

Topped it off with h2oh n hope for the best tomowwow. cross yo fingers for me that i can make it thru Saturday ~its only gonna bee about 160 miles

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
What disappoints me is that a pre-trip inspection didn't make you slip and bust your melon open. I missed a peak with a broken leg that will never heal, but you were c&#$% Hair close by slipping in period.

bacha29

Ova, sorry y'all ... me just too StewPed to pwoperly diagonse this.

Oh, dat red smells sweet, so i reckon its not the transvestite fluid. i pop da rad cap and whee !!! found its dat dumb DexCool fluid.

Topped it off with h2oh n hope for the best tomowwow. cross yo fingers for me that i can make it thru Saturday ~its only gonna bee about 160 miles
Just keep in mind the basic fedex ground maintenance

A Uhaul huh?. it's aUhaul problem that requires a Uhaul solution. If you work for a contractor when providing you with decent equipment is a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution.

OrioN

Mass, i have to live up to the low standards of a typical ground or HD driver ... sowwy !

Yay, made it thru today. that bars leak stuff is great ! Brown goo that wont clog the heater core or other stuff internally.

It sealed the seam leak between the plastic end tank and aluminum metal... instead of using up a gallon n a half of water, i just topped it up with half before i hit the road. i kept an eye on it every 2 hours and didnt have to refill ~ top up the overflow tank. sweet. instead of Mrs puddles , it is now a Mrs Drips ... i can make it to the mechanic on Monday since the temps never went over 205 degrees friend.

why are most radiators made up like this ?!? back in the day, they were full brass units or these days all aluminum radiators for those who wants to upgrade their cooling systems. is it that cheap to downgrade to plastic, which we all know gets brittle over time ? the different rates of expansion n contraction will inevitably create a seal leak between the plastic n metal sandwich.

Bachata,the boxvan i bee driving was a retired uhaul truck with hastily plastered fedex logo right over the old sign (remember my ghetto hood paint job? ). u can still make out the uhaul embossing LoL.

Whelp, have a good extra hour tonight fellow eggplants n brownies !

OrioN

Just keep in mind the basic fedex ground maintenance

WTF is that ? do u think these contracted service providers even teach their crew how to do a proper pretrip ~postrip .

i see no one else on my belt line checking their tires , lites, or popping the hood to check fluid levels.

a few of them said its not their job since they weren't informed of doing that.

stewped ! go ahead n run your engine dry and seize it. or let the coolant leak out n blow gaskets or warp the cylinder heads. or ignore the brake pad squealing and let them grind down to metal to metal so u have to get new rotors ($$$) along with the pads($).or put black electrical tape over the check engine light on the dash n keep on truckin '

I have a rural route, yo, and will be on the road up to 220 miles this peak. its me myself n my truck out til midnight with no backup like what brownies have with messages to their hub for helpers when shizz hits da fan

OrioN

download.jpg

I thot dis only happens at UPS, but i had "parts on order : OK to drive " (shrugs )

OrioN

Nah, i'm one with my vehicle like this :

inout.gif

So i have to be PROactive, not REactive when it comes to keeping my assigned vehicle road worthy.

I dont wanna be like that socalfusion guy on here recently driving a POS truck thats endangering his health or safety. did he ever red tag it rhru the end ~of ~day postrip inspection thru the powerpad ?

Also hate being in an unbranded rental unit when something major is down. then i gotta move my gear like a hermit crab (i pack a full tote for my rural area )

bbsam

Staff member

inout.gif

So i have to be PROactive, not REactive when it comes to keeping my assigned vehicle road worthy.

I dont wanna be like that socalfusion guy on here recently driving a POS truck thats endangering his health or safety. did he ever red tag it rhru the end ~of ~day postrip inspection thru the powerpad ?

Also hate being in an unbranded rental unit when something major is down. then i gotta move my gear like a hermit crab (i pack a full tote for my rural area )
If that's what you do to your vehicle, maybe you caused the bleeding. Perhaps a gentler touch next time...

OrioN

Too ~shay, mr middleman... two ~ shay

Or the investor class group can give me a REAL package car, ya know, a stepvan that looks like a UPS one ?

:onitswaysmiley:

bacha29

inout.gif

Spot on Orion. There was nothing out where I delivered except Rednecks, Rocks and Rattlesnakes. They all laughed at me when I took along a cab full of equipment including a couple of MREs. But I got my retribution when they all came running up to me wanting to borrow the stuff. It's too bad that you work for someone who is trying to glean as much profit off of the route as possible. It would seem that the guy doesn't realize that a truck reaches the point to where no matter how much you try to repair it it will still reach that point where it can no longer be used as front line equipment.