OMS Who are you and what do you do?

Indecisi0n

Our center manager has taken over a lot of our am OMS' duties.

I brought back 60 missed the other day because I was instructed to get off the street (it was late and I was over dispatched). They never once offered me help and i dont complain. My center manager head almost exploded when he came in the next day. When I told him I was instructed to do that he said to contact him from now on. Lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I brought back 60 missed the other day because I was instructed to get off the street (it was late and I was over dispatched). They never once offered me help and i dont complain. My center manager head almost exploded when he came in the next day. When I told him I was instructed to do that he said to contact him from now on. Lol.

Hindsight is 20/20 but you probably should have spoken to the metro supervisor rather than the OMS regarding the 60 missed.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Working as directed sucks. Our center manager is very involved in the driver's day. Hell, he still calls me once a week. LOL!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hindsight is 20/20 but you probably should have spoken to the metro supervisor rather than the OMS regarding the 60 missed.

at that point those pieces were going to be missed anyways

the real failure was not getting him adequate help during the day

i don't really care about 9.5's, i let the on-cars micromanage that, but if people start looking like they're not going to make the air trailer, i'll move whoever i have to, regardless of what an on-car wants

Notretiredyet

Our OMS personnel are great, they take care of uniform orders promptly and deal with the OC's and center manager issues all day. Whenever i need a form or report they always provide them when asked, they are my eyes and ears too. Most of ours came from the front office when their departments were shuttered over the past years. They've all been at UPS long enough to know better, a couple are teamsters still and will retire with a full pension soon.

UPSER110

so your timecard getting processed is "meaningless"?

gotcha

PM sup does all the time cards in our center. Our only OMS is during the day and when I am on road I always get stupid messages. She has no idea how long it takes to get from point A to point B. And then when I see her its always "what took so long"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
An OMS is not a supervisor. They are "administrative assistants".

Some lazy center manager's and on-road sups.... try to "pass the buck" by delegating responsibilities to the OMS.

But, at the end of the day.... they are secretary's. Nothing more.

There are good ones {and drivers will work with them}.... And then, there are egotist.... that don't know their place.

-Bug-

Indecisi0n

An OMS is not a supervisor. They are "administrative assistants".

Some lazy center manager's and on-road sups.... try to "pass the buck" by delegating responsibilities to the OMS.

But, at the end of the day.... they are secretary's. Nothing more.

There are good ones {and drivers will work with them}.... And then, there are egotist.... that don't know their place.

-Bug-

We have an egotist. Next time he bothers me I'm going to call him a secretary lol.