On car supervisor or full time driver

I have recently just made my 30 days driving package car and have been offered a on road supervisor position. I was as part time sup before getting an off the street hire to full time package car driving. I recently just graduated from college and am having a hard time deciding if I should take the promotion or stay a driver. I have heard a mixture of things however was looking for some more information about what both jobs have to offer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have recently just made my 30 days driving package car and have been offered a on road supervisor position. I was as part time sup before getting an off the street hire to full time package car driving. I recently just graduated from college and am having a hard time deciding if I should take the promotion or stay a driver. I have heard a mixture of things however was looking for some more information about what both jobs have to offer.
Then, either you have't work here very long...or haven't been paying attention.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Uh huh.....then if after 8 years, you can't decide about going into management...you obviously haven't spend that time paying attention.
He was a part time sup who somehow managed to get an off the street spot and now wants to know if he should go back to management.

Yep sounds like management material to me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is he fat enough? To be In upper management?
DM or Feedah sized?...lol
images-5.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can definitely hack it as a driver. 23 sph, with 190 stops first 30 days. Thanks for all the positive comments.

What is your degree in and why aren't you trying to use it rather than working here?

If you were asking me this question 10-15 years ago I would tell you without question to go in to management. Ask me this question today and I will tell you not to make the move.

BTW, don't feel as though you have to justify yourself to anyone in your center and especially anyone on this anonymous Internet forum.

Supply chain management, I'm 25 years old so I'm leaning towards driving for a while . I enjoy being outside and the customer interaction. We are Christmas year round

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Supply chain management, I'm 25 years old so I'm leaning towards driving for a while . I enjoy being outside and the customer interaction. We are Christmas year round.

My son just received his MBA with a concentration in Supply Chain. He is weighing several job offers, with the lowest starting at $55K.

Supply Chain is a hot field right now. You would be crazy to put that degree on hold.

DougH

My son just received his MBA with a concentration in Supply Chain. He is weighing several job offers, with the lowest starting at $55K.

Supply Chain is a hot field right now. You would be crazy to put that degree on hold.

Maybe try getting a job with you degree but staying part time with ups, that way if the degree doesn't pay off you still have some seniority.

Sent using BrownCafe App