On car supervisor or full time driver

PACNW

I was a P/T sup for many years. Of the many P/T supervisors I worked with over the years, I am the only one that went driving. All of my friends that went into friend/T management have either quit, been fired, or are very unhappy. As someone who was in management for so long, (and managed to resist a couple of promotion offers while I waited to drive) I feel like I have a unique outlook and appreciation for my job. Driving isn't always a picnic, but it beats the alternative any day. If you haven't figured this out by now, you may as well go back into management, just make sure you negotiate a fair salary. They will low ball the hell out of you and this is your one and only time to set your price and if you settle now, the money lost over your career will be incredible.

30 to life

I have recently just made my 30 days driving package car and have been offered a on road supervisor position. I was as part time sup before getting an off the street hire to full time package car driving. I recently just graduated from college and am having a hard time deciding if I should take the promotion or stay a driver. I have heard a mixture of things however was looking for some more information about what both jobs have to offer.

ups got rid of the pension for management and the teamsters will miss manage ours so it's a coin flip unless you want to save your body

30yearstolife

worked here very long,

and i have work for ups over 8 years...

I'm 25 years old so I'm leaning towards driving for a while

Lets see...
-25 years old
-Worked at UPS over 8 years
So you were 16 or 17 when you started at UPS
You certainly have the integrity and/or math skills UPS is looking for in management.