on property accident

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am not sure on this. I rubbed a telephone pole back when we had to get the CDL-c. DMV examiner was in the jumpseat. No report made. Nothing on my drivers license. Never held against me at bid.
How bad was the crash? Mine was a rub. They never even fixed it. Didn't cost anything, no damage to the pole.
I would suggest asking in the partners area where all the managers hang out.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Wondering if anyone has the answer..Does a " on property" at the hub accident count against you when signing a bid?
If there is no contract language, it is probably UPS's discretion or past practice if it applies. Ask a BA? Sorry I can't help.

Last edited:

littlelady

Okay well any more info would help If anyone has experienced this at their hub please tell me what you know.I'm not digging for the answer I want to hear....just a little more info.If any of you have had an on property accident and know the suspension time that would be great.

brett636

In every on property accident I have known to occur it is chargeable and treated just like any other accident. It all depends on the circumstances like the extent of the damage and the supervisor making the decision on how to handle it. With a rollaway my guess is that it was charged just like any other accident and if you weren't already full time with your 30 days in yes you will have to wait a year to be qualified to bid on another full time driving job.

littlelady

In every on property accident I have known to occur it is chargeable and treated just like any other accident. It all depends on the circumstances like the extent of the damage and the supervisor making the decision on how to handle it. With a rollaway my guess is that it was charged just like any other accident and if you weren't already full time with your 30 days in yes you will have to wait a year to be qualified to bid on another full time driving job.
So if in this situation the accident was swept under the rug I could grieve it?

menotyou

bella amicizia
How the plot thickens. Good question. I would have to say if you have evidence that you could use to prove this person had a rollaway and still got a bid over you, yes. Grieve away. Just be sure of what you are gonna do. Feathers:-)]) will get ruffled. Me, I'd go for it. Am I close?

brett636

Now that I am reading a little bit further into this the accident didn't involve you per se, it was someone else who had the accident which was swept under the rug by management and they got a bid job over you because they had more seniority and now you want that accident reported?

littlelady

I'm not sure how I would prove it besides he was fired on the spot and had to go before the commitee to keep his job. It should all be on record it only happened around thre - four months ago. Maybe swept under the rug isn't the correct term it's more like it's being ignored.

What exactly would I grieve?

littlelady

The bid process is happening this week and there is talk that they are not going to hold the accident agains him and I surely don't mind ruffeled feathers

barnyard

KTM rider
since i've been there I was told if I had an accident I wouldn't be able to sign bids for a year

We have had car washers/car parkers DQd for a year for in building scrapes.

In my building, a PTer with a rollaway would probably never qualify for a FT bid. You have to remember, just because you can sign a bid and may even win it, does not guarantee passing at 30 days.