On the verge of reporting my hub to the Department of Labor.

takesteady

Another big issue is that they stagger start times in random 10-15 minute intervals. 15 people might have a 0505 start time and 3 other guys might start at 0515. I’ve never seen anything like it lol.

takesteady

Wait until your start time is 507 and the guy next to you starts at 508.
I’m actually vigilant about my time and check UPSers everyday to make certain that it’s accurate, but even I’m off a couple hours every week and have to get it corrected. It’s like a weekly ritual and it shouldn’t have to be that way. Every time my sup acts like it’s an honest oopsie. I can’t even imagine how much they skim off less aware workers and rookies. It’s a scam on a magnitude that far exceeds the cost of the odd iPhone that get snatched by an opportunistic loader. Yet they always get promptly arrested on a felony charge. UPS is a 100+ year old billion dollar corporation that touts itself as a logistics company . Why can’t they figure out a basic time clock system so that people can get paid for the time they work??!

M

MenInBrown

The start time manipulation has gotten out out of control at my hub recently. I shouldn’t have to check UPSers on a daily basis to make sure I am getting paid for the time I have worked. The stewards at my hub are good people but they can’t possibly get a handle of a situation on this scale. I am particularly worried about rookies who have no idea how to check their time. I understand that start times are malleable , but it’s starting to feel purposeful and malicious. It’s theft plain and simple and the people intentionally perpetrating it should be prosecuted as such.
I’ve already reported to corporate for stealing time and falsifying records.

takesteady

I’ve already reported to corporate for stealing time and falsifying records.
Good on you brother ✊. Again, I believe the people who intentionally steal time should be brought up on charges. Not get a stern talking to, moved to another building or even fired. They should face justice like any other thief would.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The start time manipulation has gotten out out of control at my hub recently. I shouldn’t have to check UPSers on a daily basis to make sure I am getting paid for the time I have worked. The stewards at my hub are good people but they can’t possibly get a handle of a situation on this scale. I am particularly worried about rookies who have no idea how to check their time. I understand that start times are malleable , but it’s starting to feel purposeful and malicious. It’s theft plain and simple and the people intentionally perpetrating it should be prosecuted as such.
What did your Steward say when you brought this issue up?

11.19igrad

I'll tell you what would shake things up, a class action lawsuit!

Too many managerial fingers in the time clock kitchen.
so a class action for people safely in a building getting time knocked off but none for drivers or people potentially rolled over because the trucks will turn off even if the gearshift isn't engaged?

AKCoverMan

Of course there are going to be dishonest management folks who see a little timecard editing as the easy button way to make the numbers their corporate masters are demanding of them. There is both a financial incentive of bonuses based on hitting certain numerical targets combined with the avoiding the negative consequences of being called out for missing said targets. So there is both “carrot and stick” approach to motivating manager to cook the books.

Coupled with that is the complexity of our payroll system that seems to make it incredibly easy to screw up an employee’s timecard and paycheck even when no intent to do so exists...and incredibly difficult to pin down and correct errors once they happen, The fact that so many problems can happen without dishonest intent makes it easy for the dishonest to hide their dirty deeds.

I’ve put many manhours into dealing with payroll issues mostly for part time members who are driver qualified and can be worked when we are out of full time drivers.. they make their normal PT rate when they work their regular PT job but if they drive they get paid driver rate for all hours worked that day even if they did their PT work already. They system will screw this up and pay hours coded as “sort and load” or “break” or basically any other work code at the wrong rate. Then the fun begins.. our management team has to request an adjustment which half the time payroll in Texas will do wrong or deny altogether. It’s mind numbing number crunching and you have to watch every detail or it’ll get more out of wack.

I know our ORS spends time every week doing multiple adjustments for this. It’s all very manual and detailed and all over small amounts of money that add up. It’s an incredible waste of time and effort, but I don’t think it’s dishonesty... it’s just a very stupid system that could be fixed. We spend tons of time on back end cleaning up the mess, if we could only get someone on the front end to make the system work correctly the first time!!

OK, rant off! Lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Of course there are going to be dishonest management folks who see a little timecard editing as the easy button way to make the numbers their corporate masters are demanding of them. There is both a financial incentive of bonuses based on hitting certain numerical targets combined with the avoiding the negative consequences of being called out for missing said targets. So there is both “carrot and stick” approach to motivating manager to cook the books.

Coupled with that is the complexity of our payroll system that seems to make it incredibly easy to screw up an employee’s timecard and paycheck even when no intent to do so exists...and incredibly difficult to pin down and correct errors once they happen, The fact that so many problems can happen without dishonest intent makes it easy for the dishonest to hide their dirty deeds.

I’ve put many manhours into dealing with payroll issues mostly for part time members who are driver qualified and can be worked when we are out of full time drivers.. they make their normal PT rate when they work their regular PT job but if they drive they get paid driver rate for all hours worked that day even if they did their PT work already. They system will screw this up and pay hours coded as “sort and load” or “break” or basically any other work code at the wrong rate. Then the fun begins.. our management team has to request an adjustment which half the time payroll in Texas will do wrong or deny altogether. It’s mind numbing number crunching and you have to watch every detail or it’ll get more out of wack.

I know our ORS spends time every week doing multiple adjustments for this. It’s all very manual and detailed and all over small amounts of money that add up. It’s an incredible waste of time and effort, but I don’t think it’s dishonesty... it’s just a very stupid system that could be fixed. We spend tons of time on back end cleaning up the mess, if we could only get someone on the front end to make the system work correctly the first time!!

OK, rant off! Lol
They stopped all the time card doctoring at my building
No time card altering without employees signature next to it

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
They stopped all the time card doctoring at my building
No time card altering without employees signature next to it
Us too. Steward always tells us the story of the stew before him getting his time card altered by a brand new OC Sup who didn’t know he was steward. It was like his 1st or 2nd week as OC....caught his ass red handed.
They have to do it with us and a stew present

4evapreloader

OK, rant off! Lol
Preloader here. As far as I'm concerned, if my start time is correct when I punch in, I'm reasonably confident my paycheck will be correct. My issue arose because the start time on the clock was incorrect and they refused, yes outright refused to fix it. Now why would anyone in their right mind refuse to fix a problem that can easily be fixed. Obviously there's some incentive for mgt to cheat. To answer Integrity my steward gave me a phone number to call to report the problem. Magically the problem was no longer a problem after a few weeks. UPS soups will tell you the sky is green and make fun of you if you don't believe them.

meritocracy

Their fear of nagging and a possible grievance is stronger than their love of time theft. Hound them on it every single day until it's fixed (and maybe even a couple of days after) and you're a lot less likely to have issues. Also, it's a little awkward but take a photo of the supervisor's timesheet after you clock out. Makes it easier to check your time card every week and when they see you do it they'll know they can't get away with changing your clock in or clock out time.