On this Day

texan

A thread about historic events on the day of the month.

On this day (6 Jan) in 1994 figure skater Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the right leg by an assailant
at Cobo Arena in Detroit. (Four men, including the ex-husband of Kerrigan's rival, Tonya Harding, later
were sentenced to prison for the incident.)

texan

On this day (6 Jan) in 2001, with the vanquished Vice President presiding, Congress formally certified
George W. Bush the winner of the close and bitterly contested 2000 presidential election.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A thread about historic events on the day of the month.

On this day (6 Jan) in 1994 figure skater Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the right leg by an assailant
at Cobo Arena in Detroit. (Four men, including the ex-husband of Kerrigan's rival, Tonya Harding, later
were sentenced to prison for the incident.)
And now has a job as a comedian on tru tv

texan

On this day 7 Jan 1789, the first U.S. presidential election was held. Americans voted for electors who, a month
later, chose George Washington to be the nation's first president.

texan

On this day, 7 Jan in 1998, former White House intern Monica Lewinsky signed an affidavit denying she had
an affair with President Bill Clinton.

texan

On January 7, 1999, the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton, formally charged with lying
under oath and obstructing justice, begins in the Senate. As instructed in Article 1 of
the U.S. Constitution, Supreme Court Chief
Justice William Rehnquist was sworn in to preside, and the senators were sworn
in as jurors.

texan

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer: The Latest Victim Of Liberal Political Correctness | Chicks On The Right
They want to ban this song.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer: The Latest Victim Of Liberal Political Correctness | Chicks On The Right
They want to ban this song.
They need to be banned!!! Leave my little red nosed buddy alone!!!! I love it when it lights up. I wish my nose would light up.

texan

On this day, Jan 8th 1958, Bobby Fisher won the United States Chess Championship for the first time at age 14.

texan

On this day, Jan 8th 1982, AT&T Bell System telephone Company agreed to divest itself of 22 Bell System companies and
split itself into seven "Baby Bells."

texan

Was he the one that went nuts?

He had some real issues at the end of his life. He was a genius. When it came to chess, he was one of the worlds best.
It seems "some" people with very high IQs and and or tremendous talents have demons in their life. I think of
Judy Garland, Vincent Van Gosh and Ernest Hemingway as a few examples.

menotyou

bella amicizia
He had some real issues at the end of his life. He was a genius. When it came to chess, he was one of the worlds best.
It seems "some" people with very high IQs and and or tremendous talents have demons in their life. I think of
Judy Garland, Vincent Van Gosh and Ernest Hemingway as a few examples.
My uncle Mike.

texan

On this day 9 Jan 1976, Sylvester Stallone begins to film Rocky. It was shot in 28 days
on a $1 million budget.