"On Topic" A thing I hope we can all agree upon.

Each day I do not come to work with the intention of getting injured or killed on the job that day.

• Total voters

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Please vote.

It is my hope that if you mark disagree with this poll you explain your answer.

Apart from any extreme, unusual circumstances that undoubtedly will occur in an organization this size such as workplace violence or worker's comp fraud this is one statement that each UPS worker can probably agree with.

Unity+Solidarity=Teamwork=Change

Last edited:

km3

As you pointed out yourself before, nobody goes to work with the intention of getting injured or killed. But a lot of people feel the pressure from management to perform at a certain pace, and safe work methods become...expendable.

Integrity

Binge Poster
As you pointed out yourself before, nobody goes to work with the intention of getting injured or killed. But a lot of people feel the pressure from management to perform at a certain pace, and safe work methods become...expendable.
Agreed.

How everyone responds to this pressure is different for various reasons.

Unity will be the first step in putting pressure not to pressure the workforce to succumb to the chronic disregard of safe work practices and training.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While I think we can all agree that no one comes to work with the intention of getting hurt, I think we can all agree that there have been employees who hurt themselves at home and came to work and claimed that it happened at work so that it would be covered by comp.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Please understand, the above prologue is to be interpreted as metaphor.

Once again, the Bourgeoisie system is rigged to chip away at Proletariat independence, and as he or she, is a part of the machine that is production, serves in a perpetual injuring of the common man's essence, insuring a slow death.

kingOFchester

While I think we can all agree that no one comes to work with the intention of getting hurt, I think we can all agree that there have been employees who hurt themselves at home and came to work and claimed that it happened at work so that it would be covered by comp.

I would argue that there is a greater number of employees that get hurt at work but do not report it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thanks.

So true, it would be ignorant and naive to think there are not instances of worker's compensation fraud in an organization this size.

My experience has shown me that management and hourly employees both probably engage in this misconduct.