"On Topic" How would you want it handled? The same way?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we will not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

I read the News Headlines about a dog getting run over by a UPS truck and how it was handled.

The story about how the incident was handled troubled me. I thought this topic should be open for discussion in the UPS discussion forum.

How would you want the situation handled if your dog was run over by a UPS truck?

Sincerely,
I

box_beeyotch

Personally if it was my dog and didn't work for UPS, I would sue. While accidents happen, a dog is sometimes considered a member of the family so that's a big deal.

box_beeyotch

No animals are considered property. If they are hogs or cattle or chickens they could be claimed as a farm business expense.

I feel like a dog should be able to be claimed. Think about it. You have to take care of it like a child by feeding it, medical expenses, etc...I have two, it's not cheap but their worth it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't even know what your asking?

How was it handled that you had a problem with?

Hit a dog on a public road (I have done this before) keep on trucking.

Hit a dog in a driveway (I have done this before) tell the owner you hit their dog and keep on trucking.

SCV good to go sir.

If it was my dog that ran out onto the street and got killed, I'd remind myself that the proportion of dogs with alleles that make then run into the street just decreased and that's a good thing for the canine gene pool.

Then I'd get a new dog and hope this one was smarter.