On topic.. Hub for over 5 years. What jobs besides driver can I attain?

I had a medical emergency inside the hub awhile back which resulted in an ambulance coming and picking me up from inside my trailer.

Basically I'm writing because I don't think I can ever become a FT driver at this point. I had signed up, got accepted to go to school, fitted for my uniform, passed driving test, and just had to go to school. Then I had a seizure at work so I'm pretty confident that driving is not going to ever happen especially considering it happened at work. Are there any other career paths to take at UPS, or should I just throw in the towel and be OK with the fact that I wasted away my 20s working for a company that I can never grow with?

Would appreciate it if you saved your smart ass comments for another thread, as this topic has me pretty depressed/upset to begin with.

MAKAVELI

I had a medical emergency inside the hub awhile back which resulted in an ambulance coming and picking me up from inside my trailer.

Basically I'm writing because I don't think I can ever become a FT driver at this point. I had signed up, got accepted to go to school, fitted for my uniform, passed driving test, and just had to go to school. Then I had a seizure at work so I'm pretty confident that driving is not going to ever happen especially considering it happened at work. Are there any other career paths to take at UPS, or should I just throw in the towel and be OK with the fact that I wasted away my 20s working for a company that I can never grow with?

Would appreciate it if you saved your smart ass comments for another thread, as this topic has me pretty depressed/upset to begin with.
I would think as long as you can pass a DOT physical, you can drive.

LeadBelly

Banned

Having a seizure disqualifies you for seven years in most cases.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Do you normally have seizures? If it's a regular thing then it's doubtful. I mean would you really want to run the risk of it happening behind a Tank and potentially hurting or killing someone?

LeadBelly

Banned

You should be talking to your business agent about filing for some sort of ada accommodation. 22.3 none driving jobs would be open to you. There is also the dreaded management position...

Absolutely do not want to risk injuring other people, no. Do I normally have them? I had one which put me on medication about 4 years ago. Stopped taking the medicine because I had this opportunity arise and thought to myself that perhaps that time in my life had passed. After a couple weeks I had one at random. So, I've had one before, yes, but it's far from normal.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Does your building have any 22.3 jobs.
Don't know if it is option but can you go back to school to get a degree is a field that is useful to UPS. There are other full time jobs besides operations( i.e driving, warehouse) at UPS

Thanks Turd, I'm going to speak to my BA about 22.3 jobs, which I was aware of but not entirely... still need to learn a bit about them. As far as returning to school, I'm looking into obtaining a loan now.

Brisket

Thanks Turd, I'm going to speak to my BA about 22.3 jobs, which I was aware of but not entirely... still need to learn a bit about them. As far as returning to school, I'm looking into obtaining a loan now.

If your hub offers it, don't forget about earn and learn once you start back.

trickpony1

Was your "seizure" related to dehydration, profuse sweating, diarrhea or vomiting?

...in other words....low electrolyte levels?

Not sure entirely... the doctor doesn't get very in depth about it, just prescribes me meds and sends me on my way. As to WHY it happened I wouldn't know, but I'm sure that could be a real possibility. They didn't start happening before I began working here :P

clean hairy

Absolutely do not want to risk injuring other people, no. Do I normally have them? I had one which put me on medication about 4 years ago. Stopped taking the medicine because I had this opportunity arise and thought to myself that perhaps that time in my life had passed. After a couple weeks I had one at random. So, I've had one before, yes, but it's far from normal.
After a seizure, no driving at all.
Length of time depends on what state you are located in.
I have more info if you can pm me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Not sure entirely... the doctor doesn't get very in depth about it, just prescribes me meds and sends me on my way. As to WHY it happened I wouldn't know, but I'm sure that could be a real possibility. They didn't start happening before I began working here :P

This is something you should be inquiring about and understanding about your personal being. When it comes to your personal health this is a time when ignorance is not bliss. I would be asking a million questions as to what is wrong with me. Knowing is half the battle.