(On Topic Only Please) Ever experience Stewards who appear more sympathetic to UPS than they do the employees.?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve only dealt with BAs (2) that are more sympathetic to UPS. I’d explain but it’s so unbelievable no one would believe me, due to the absurdity. That’s why I handle myself and opted out of the union.
What’s the point of trying to “organize” and fight the good fight if the local targets you for complaining on the good ole boys? It’s a joke that I’ll never be a part of again.
I had a steward accuse me of WP violence, which he and management then colluded to write statements of my actions. Luckily, I knew how dirty they were and recorded the conversation. Reinstated with full back pay, after they hired deputies to guard the building for two weeks, for pageantry I suppose.
If you’re in a state that allows one party consent, it’s recommended to CYA and record the disciplinary meetings. Unless you’re in a strong local, which I’ve heard exists.
The union has become the very thing they supposed to protect us from, a greedy business. Anyone who doubts this is lucky to be a part of a decent local.
I fought them alone and succeeded once I learned the union’s services were no longer needed. I can get fired for free, no need to pay for help with it.
Right to work laws are necessary. The union brainwashes people to say otherwise. If there’s no reason to actually represent people to get money, it easy to see it’s not a good investment to do it. I’ve witnessed more positive outcome once people said “I’ll drop out then”.
I don’t advocate playing that card for every issue. But if there’s black and white issues that the union refuses to genuinely help with, what’s left to try? And if they get things done once that is said, why did it take that threat?
Teamsters can eat a big one. The founders of the union would be ashamed to say the least. They’d make everyone of these clowns disappear
So, you’re a scab?
Did you give up your pension and benefits that were negotiated on your behalf? By the teamsters union

RTW FTW

Please don’t post any names. I get that you’re frustrated with your local, but that’s a TOS violation, and just gets things way to messy here.

Have you contacted your business agent? Sometimes when you are having trouble with a steward, it can be beneficial to talk directly to someone at the hall.
Yea I called the President. They just labeled me a troublemaker and disregarded me. They ostracized me and promoted the BA that was worthless. Now the new BA is just as worthless. Old one just got promoted again. Good ole boys that don’t need anymore bothering them with anything.
I get people from strong locals calling me a scab. I could care less. There’s not one person on earth that’d still write a check to someone that blatantly participated in a conspiracy against you. Unless they’re mentally challenged, of course.
I saw a kid get fired over not putting a seatbelt ticket on the MVDC. He verbally asked if it was considered a moving violation and no one really knew for certain.
Center manager took steward to side, that evening accused him of lying, gave him option to get fired or resign. Luckily, the union stepped in to say,” do what you want but I wouldn’t want a discharge on my record.”
They let that boy sign all rights away to please management. Yea, if I’m a scab, call me a proud one

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yea I called the President. They just labeled me a troublemaker and disregarded me. They ostracized me and promoted the BA that was worthless. Now the new BA is just as worthless. Old one just got promoted again. Good ole boys that don’t need anymore bothering them with anything.
I get people from strong locals calling me a scab. I could care less. There’s not one person on earth that’d still write a check to someone that blatantly participated in a conspiracy against you. Unless they’re mentally challenged, of course.
I saw a kid get fired over not putting a seatbelt ticket on the MVDC. He verbally asked if it was considered a moving violation and no one really knew for certain.
Center manager took steward to side, that evening accused him of lying, gave him option to get fired or resign. Luckily, the union stepped in to say,” do what you want but I wouldn’t want a discharge on my record.”
They let that boy sign all rights away to please management. Yea, if I’m a scab, call me a proud one
2168AEC1-C7AB-4EDA-88C4-1CF3F8251A55.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Negative. I was never a steward. They targeted me early due to my depression. Took me a long time to evolve, realizing not only do people not have your back, they OPENLY conspire with management. It’s truly unbelievable.
I played the long game and it worked out for so well I’m thankful for their nonsense. But that doesn’t help the next guy coming up, learning the hard way.
Here shortly I’ll post the local and name each clown. A bit of a process, as things are still unfolding.
I wasn't talking to you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Were you one of those stewards?

....and was that when you developed your shtict?
No definitely not.

Even for some of my problematic Teamsters I learned long ago to survive at UPS when conflict arises to never forget which side I am on.

This attitude has served me well.

I am always first and foremost sympathetic with the employee, regardless of how difficult they may be.

Most of my management team has been expressing pretty much contempt for me for a long time.

I am an adamant and vocal opponent to the “blame the worker” culture that exists in my building and the way I understand it, pretty much at UPS as a whole.

You even see some of this “blame the worker” mentality in the rank and file, even here on the BC at times.

I have a great relationship with my second to none Executive Board.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Negative. I was never a steward. They targeted me early due to my depression. Took me a long time to evolve, realizing not only do people not have your back, they OPENLY conspire with management. It’s truly unbelievable.
I played the long game and it worked out for so well I’m thankful for their nonsense. But that doesn’t help the next guy coming up, learning the hard way.
Here shortly I’ll post the local and name each clown. A bit of a process, as things are still unfolding.

I have had bad stewards as well, when I was pretty new at UPS we had some nasty old guys in the shop and the steward might have been the worst if the bunch, however there is better ways than turning freeloader. That affects all of us, even me and I am in a different union.

RTW FTW

Must be nice to sit back and have everything all figured out after making opinions based on a few posts. Anyway, I don’t know what to do since everyone seems to be against me? Lol.
Oh, and I see durrrhead posted suffers from depression. Let me fix that for you, it’s suffered. Like I said, I won, bigly.
Good luck on y’all’s next contract

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Must be nice to sit back and have everything all figured out after making opinions based on a few posts. Anyway, I don’t know what to do since everyone seems to be against me? Lol.
Oh, and I see durrrhead posted suffers from depression. Let me fix that for you, it’s suffered. Like I said, I won, bigly.
Watch those steps on the way out, they can be slippery.

Commercial Inside Release

Half a dozen stewards, not really been happy with any of them. BAs on the other hand, so far, so good... We'll see. One steward did shape up, but only after the BA arrived. I understand though, the stewards are human beings and not perfect. Can't really expect them to perfectly navigate a group of conniving, manipulative managers, that all work together and use every dirty trick in the book from bribery, intimidation to concerted lies. Remember, the steward is probably out there grinding out a 12 hour day, and management is huddled in the office brainstorming on how to get you, for hours.

There are a lot of people that have only ever worked at UPS, so they are unaware that (other than wages & benefits,) there are quite a few avenues for justice in the non-union workforce. Sometimes, I feel like the union actually gets under foot, like during a civil lawsuit, or calling the authorities on someone in management. I've seen a few of them get away with stuff, that would get anyone arrested or at least a restraining order.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Happens everywhere you go I'm betting.

There was a poem written long ago about guys like you:

Screenshot_20220717-132407_Google.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Half a dozen stewards, not really been happy with any of them. BAs on the other hand, so far, so good... We'll see. One steward did shape up, but only after the BA arrived. I understand though, the stewards are human beings and not perfect. Can't really expect them to perfectly navigate a group of conniving, manipulative managers, that all work together and use every dirty trick in the book from bribery, intimidation to concerted lies. Remember, the steward is probably out there grinding out a 12 hour day, and management is huddled in the office brainstorming on how to get you, for hours.

There are a lot of people that have only ever worked at UPS, so they are unaware that (other than wages & benefits,) there are quite a few avenues for justice in the non-union workforce. Sometimes, I feel like the union actually gets under foot, like during a civil lawsuit, or calling the authorities on someone in management. I've seen a few of them get away with stuff, that would get anyone arrested or at least a restraining order.
How are your stewards chosen?