"On Topic Please Mates" 2 Questions may I ask.

TNT Frosty

Hi there mates (male and female)
Just got a few questions from over the pond so to speak (Australia)

1. Would any Ground operator, be able to send me a care package of say a few shirts, safety vest, hat and lanyard, over the pond (happy to pay for the items and the shipping)
I know we changing from our TNT uniforms to FedEx Express ones, after July, when the FedEx depot near me, move in with us, but the clothes and what not will take its time, and frankly, just want to laugh at the office staff who are so happy to keep showing off their lanyards when walking in the depot.
I say FedEx Ground uniform, rather then Express.. as we as line-haul drivers, as what you guys call ground drivers, not express, plus im sure they will hand out Express ones when the time come, so just be nice to have the different ones.
(Boy that was a long question and explanation)

2. Is anyone aware of any VISA drivers(semi) either OTR or Local, and if so, how would, or did they go about it, like im willing to fully pay for my CDL-A, and all that. My main goal is to travel around USA for a few dozen years or so under an E-3 VISA we get, so far im having no luck on either side, from calling up depots, to even asking our regional, I guess more of an OTR driver would be preferred as I got a friend in PA Altoona who willing to set me up in his place, as Im hoping to be out on the road weeks, even months at a time.... but ill just keep it to the first part, if any VISA drivers work for FedEx or FedEx OTR operator...

Ontop of that guy's, cheers; and if possible inbox the reply, as we all know, this board fills with alot of topics at times and some times it goes all quiet.
Cheers again,
TNT Frosty

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi there mates (male and female)
Just got a few questions from over the pond so to speak (Australia)

1. Would any Ground operator, be able to send me a care package of say a few shirts, safety vest, hat and lanyard, over the pond (happy to pay for the items and the shipping)
I know we changing from our TNT uniforms to FedEx Express ones, after July, when the FedEx depot near me, move in with us, but the clothes and what not will take its time, and frankly, just want to laugh at the office staff who are so happy to keep showing off their lanyards when walking in the depot.
I say FedEx Ground uniform, rather then Express.. as we as line-haul drivers, as what you guys call ground drivers, not express, plus im sure they will hand out Express ones when the time come, so just be nice to have the different ones.
(Boy that was a long question and explanation)

2. Is anyone aware of any VISA drivers(semi) either OTR or Local, and if so, how would, or did they go about it, like im willing to fully pay for my CDL-A, and all that. My main goal is to travel around USA for a few dozen years or so under an E-3 VISA we get, so far im having no luck on either side, from calling up depots, to even asking our regional, I guess more of an OTR driver would be preferred as I got a friend in PA Altoona who willing to set me up in his place, as Im hoping to be out on the road weeks, even months at a time.... but ill just keep it to the first part, if any VISA drivers work for FedEx or FedEx OTR operator...

Ontop of that guy's, cheers; and if possible inbox the reply, as we all know, this board fills with alot of topics at times and some times it goes all quiet.
Cheers again,
TNT Frosty

Try Swift they’ll keep you out for months at a time if that’s what you want

bacha29

Try Swift they’ll keep you out for months at a time if that’s what you want
Schneider is known for that as well. Live on one coast and they'll have out on the other coast running up and down that coast for months until you get so fed up with it that you simply quit.

TNT Frosty

Called swift; I need to live in the states for 3 years before even thinking about joining them.
Walmart; same deal, need to live there for 3 years prior. (Even have an Ex who is manager of a store, and she got it confirmed as well)

Right now, im just in one state in Australia, and heck, if it means they get me going coast to coast, I actually dont mind it, as well... I wouldnt have anything to keep me wanting to go home.

bacha29

You could just do what most people do......sneek into the country illegally and immediately as for political asylum . Unfortunately you're probably stuck down under for the time being right along with the heat, the drought, the snakes and the wild fires.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Called swift; I need to live in the states for 3 years before even thinking about joining them.
Walmart; same deal, need to live there for 3 years prior. (Even have an Ex who is manager of a store, and she got it confirmed as well)

Right now, im just in one state in Australia, and heck, if it means they get me going coast to coast, I actually dont mind it, as well... I wouldnt have anything to keep me wanting to go home.

If I was in Australia I’d find a way to make it work

grass isn’t always greener on the other side

TNT Frosty

If I was in Australia I’d find a way to make it work

grass isn’t always greener on the other side

Its works just fine over here; not after greener pasture, if I was after that, I would try and win lottery.
For me, its just wanting to drive around America, and see the states.
For the time being, its not wanting to stay and live till I go 6 feet under, but would be to see as much of the states as I can, and then fly back to Australia and keep working down under.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Its works just fine over here; not after greener pasture, if I was after that, I would try and win lottery.
For the time being, its not wanting to stay and live till I go 6 feet under, but would be to see as much of the states as I can, and then fly back to Australia and keep working down under.

oy oy oy

don’t let me bust your bubble mate

G’day

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So instead of doing a walkabout you want to do a “driveabout” of the US.

bacha29

You might want to contact the American Embassy and explain what you want to do. Can't hurt anything by asking. Think you could learn to drive on the right side of the road? if you have as much experience and qualifications as you claim perhaps a company like Swift could get you a residency waiver of some type. Swift has three guys on every truck.......One coming.....One driving and one leaving. On the down side you might have a hard time finding a truck stop where you can get Australian beer and a vegemite sandwich.

DeliveryException

Swift has three guys on every truck.......One coming.....One driving and one leaving.

I never have understood this. Why would there be one driving and one leaving? If one is driving, the other one already left and if I'm going to leave I'm going to just leave. Not hang around for some nebulous unknown time to finally be gone. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, carry on.

dezguy

I never have understood this. Why would there be one driving and one leaving? If one is driving, the other one already left and if I'm going to leave I'm going to just leave. Not hang around for some nebulous unknown time to finally be gone. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, carry on.
You're looking too hard into this. Just look at who made the comment.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Anyway, carry on.
It’s a Bacha Mantra. Just shake your head slowly and carry on.

After awhile it will become a habit.;)

bacha29

Anyway, carry on.
It's a long standing joke pertaining to companies with a history of high turnover. And for guys like Fred's Myth and Dezguy who have made far too many trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy understanding and appreciating humor is something that disappeared shortly after their arrival.

They're like the Borg. Resistance was futile.

dezguy

Hurrrrrrrr someone disagreed with my constant stupidity. Hurrrrrrrr they must have gone to the FedEx mind control and reeducation academy! Hurrrrrrr

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hurrrrrrrr someone disagreed with my constant stupidity. Hurrrrrrrr they must have gone to the FedEx mind control and reeducation academy! Hurrrrrrr

Welcome, fellow graduate. Bacha resists, but we'll get him. He can only hide in the jing weeds for so long once we unleash the agent orange.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's a long standing joke pertaining to companies with a history of high turnover. And for guys like Fred's Myth and Dezguy who have made far too many trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy understanding and appreciating humor is something that disappeared shortly after their arrival.

They're like the Borg. Resistance was futile.
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Repetition is drudgery.