One day just isn’t enough

9.5er

Take vacation like us top seniority guys do. Hog all the good weeks. Go visit a Caribbean island like I will be doing.
One day I’ll get there. Got to push the old guys out the door first. Our top guy has 40 years in. A several Below him have 35+. I’m still considered a rookie at 21 years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’ll tell ya what buddy, taking a Caribbean vacation in February because you guys take all the good weeks is just as awesome.
Taking it in February is even better.

You guys still have full weeks? Since they started allowing weeks to be split I can get about any week I want (15 years) and even the bottom guys only have 8 weeks or so full. Most of those are November.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
We can split two weeks of vacation into single days off.

i would love this as well as being able to sell back weeks for cash-out. as a non driver, i definitely deserve but don't need 6 weeks off. it would be awesome to sell back a couple weeks to pay for a elaborate week off somewhere and then still have a couple to just stay home and relax. it would be like having three weeks off with one fully funded all inclusive week somewhere instead of 6

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i would love this as well as being able to sell back weeks for cash-out. as a non driver, i definitely deserve but don't need 6 weeks off. it would be awesome to sell back a couple weeks to pay for a elaborate week off somewhere and then still have a couple to just stay home and relax. it would be like having three weeks off with one fully funded all inclusive week somewhere instead of 6
I have no idea why anyone would split the weeks. If I need a single day I just call in.

Most of the guys don’t use them all anyway and just get a payout in November.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I have no idea why anyone would split the weeks. If I need a single day I just call in.
Most of the guys don’t use them all anyway and just get a payout in November.

im not as bad as i used to be when i worked preload. we get 11 days total sick and oph on may 1st. MANY years i was outa days by xmas. lots of guys i know both preload and drivers are in the same boat still. burn em up over summer and suffer or take dead days with no pay until may 1st again. in fact this was a bad year due to a illness and im down to 3 ophs and no sick left

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We never had ground on New year's Eve
In 2008 I delivered ground until 10:45 at night on New Years Eve.
We had gotten buried by record snowfall starting in mid December and were so far behind that they had to bring in drivers from other parts of the state to help us catch up.
There were trailers full of undelivered Xmas volume stacked up in the employee parking lot and we did not get all caught up until New Years Eve...

In 2008 I delivered ground until 10:45 at night on New Years Eve.
We had gotten buried by record snowfall starting in mid December and were so far behind that they had to bring in drivers from other parts of the state to help us catch up.
There were trailers full of undelivered Xmas volume stacked up in the employee parking lot and we did not get all caught up until New Years Eve...
Holy cow