One-Hit Wonders

texan

Music appreciation and music discussion can vary greatly. But the one area that amazes me are the
Groups / Artist that had a one-hit on Billboard top 40 or one on the top 100.

Not to be confused with groups that produced many songs and albums and have a great following, yet
only had one song make the top forty.

Steve Martin is a one-hit wonder with King-Tut.

Jimmi Hendricks had only one song make the Billboards top 40 and so did the Grateful Dead. Go figure

But what about those artist that put together one-hit, and then never to have much else in music fame?

Sugar Sugar by the studio band the Archie's is an example.

Which ones do you remember well, and perhaps like?

texan

Another one very popular in Germany and here. A one-hit that sounded like she should have made many more:

texan

Randy VanWarmer (March 30, 1955 – January 12, 2004) was an American songwriter and guitarist. His biggest success was the pop hit, "Just When I Needed You Most". It reached #8 on the UK Singles Chart in September 1979[SUP][1][/SUP] after peaking at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart[SUP][2][/SUP] and #1 on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart[SUP][3][/SUP] earlier that year. There are several cover versions of this song, including those by Dolly Parton, Daniel Selby and Smokie.
VanWarmer wrote several songs for the group The Oak Ridge Boys including the #1 U.S. Country hit "I Guess It Never Hurts to Hurt Sometimes." The song appeared on VanWarmer's 1981 album Beat of Love, which also included VanWarmer's 1980s style pop tune "Suzi Found a Weapon", which hit #55 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1981.