One of Our old Trucks?

clean hairy

Converted to a food truck, has the sliding door on the passenger side.
Still in the brown color.
Not sure if it is one of our old ones?

Attachments

• 20160408_132541.jpg
    20160408_132541.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 913

DOK

Not an old UPS truck. The manufacturer sells trucks with similar body styles to others. The only thing you will never see is the old rounded fiberglass nose package cars used to have on anyone else's truck.

The nose doesn't look quite right, nor the headlights. But it's damn close.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I drove a GMC400 just like that one in the 70's. Only a few cosmetic differences. When UPS started service in Texas in 1971, they were desperate for PC's. Mine was actually ordered by a bread company, but they changed their mind. They only had 2 of them in the fleet down here. UPS bought it and converted it. Like frigid said, as far as I know, they crush all the old PC's.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I drove a GMC400 just like that one in the 70's. Only a few cosmetic differences. When UPS started service in Texas in 1971, they were desperate for PC's. Mine was actually ordered by a bread company, but they changed their mind. They only had 2 of them in the fleet down here. UPS bought it and converted it. Like frigid said, as far as I know, they crush all the old PC's.
I was told they crush all the old PC's as well. But we have a PC here that had its last peak and we were told it was getting crushed. Funny thing is, they took off all the logos from the outside of the car. Why take the time to remove the logos if the car is getting crushed?

dropNbolt

I drive an old 800 with 530k plus on a bulk route then come back to bldg to grab the rest of my route around 11:30am each day. I drop 8-13 airs then the 300pc bulk before returning. I love that sum bitch....

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Why take the time to remove the logos if the car is getting crushed?
For the same reason they duct tape over the logos after an accident. When they 88 a PC or tractor from our old building, they would use a paint roller and a bucket of gray primer. Paint right over everything. They don't want the public to see anything other than the best image they can muster.

oldngray

nowhere special
For the same reason they duct tape over the logos after an accident. When they 88 a PC or tractor from our old building, they would use a paint roller and a bucket of gray primer. Paint right over everything. They don't want the public to see anything other than the best image they can muster.

I always saw them whitewashed instead of gray primer.