Online friend/T Package delivery driver position?

Timcee88

Hey guys, I have a question about the position I just applied for on the UPS website. It is for a full time delivery driver, It doesn't say temp/seasonal like usual. The schedule is from Tuesday to Saturday. It is in Mt Olive, New Jersey. Would anyone know if this is actually for that rare position that isn't normally available to the outside or am I wasting my time going to the interview. I worked as a P/T package handler for about 6 months 8 years ago but the driver list at my hub was around 7 years at the time. I couldn't financially stick with the job otherwise Id still be there probably driving by now.

Timcee88

I don't know. I filled out the application successfully and got an interview date online for next saturday. I worked there 8 years ago so from what ive heard you cant reapply for a year, if thats the case im in the clear.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I don't know. I filled out the application successfully and got an interview date online for next saturday. I worked there 8 years ago so from what ive heard you cant reapply for a year, if thats the case im in the clear.
Just go to the interview and if it comes up, explain why you had left back then. It's reasonable.

Timcee88

Absolutely! I will be there early. I just hope I don't get offered the position quit my current job, take it, start driving then get sent home after a week.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Absolutely! I will be there early. I just hope I don't get offered the position quit my current job, take it, start driving then get sent home after a week.

They could give two :censored2:s less about people. From the time I got done with the week long schooling it was almost a month before I even went on road.

Timcee88

I have heard that. My dad works for UPS for 30+ years about to retire and they were trying to get rid of him. Are you a full time driver now or did you get screwed?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I have heard that. My dad works for UPS for 30+ years about to retire and they were trying to get rid of him. Are you a full time driver now or did you get screwed?

I was told I was going to be doing my 30 days for full time. Went in did summer seasonal, got laid off, came back for peak. Said they were bringing me on full time permanently, waited waited waited got new job then they called. Didn’t go back.