Only 2 weeks of maddness left.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Love it. Lots of stops close together, dont need no jumper, leave me alone.
And pretty Christmas lights to guide my way.
I wish all year was as fun as Peak.
With a capital P. it should be a holiday.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually, it can.

The DOT doesnt say you cant work more than 60...it says you cant drive once you have worked 60.

There was one time a while back when I wound up sitting in the jumpseat and "guiding" some new hire with a DOT card through the last wretched hours of a Friday night when I was out of hours but they needed my area knowledge. I actually got something like 64 hours in a week on one occasion.
​I've been there and done the same thing.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Love it. Lots of stops close together, dont need no jumper, leave me alone.
And pretty Christmas lights to guide my way.
I wish all year was as fun as Peak.
With a capital P. it should be a holiday.
I haven't had a jumper all week. Avg 120 - 130 stops and been off mostly between 5 and 6.

S

splozi

120-130... 135-150... what kind of routes do you guys drive? Are they rural?

Those don't sound like peak numbers at all.

My driver has gotten 190-230 stops for the past couple weeks, and I'm coming in even earlier (2:15) for preload starting Monday, so I'm thinking those numbers might go up. Another truck I load, that driver had 300 stops on Thursday, and they didn't even have a helper planned for her, but "found" her one last minute.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
120-130... 135-150... what kind of routes do you guys drive? Are they rural?

Those don't sound like peak numbers at all.

My driver has gotten 190-230 stops for the past couple weeks, and I'm coming in even earlier (2:15) for preload starting Monday, so I'm thinking those numbers might go up. Another truck I load, that driver had 300 stops on Thursday, and they didn't even have a helper planned for her, but "found" her one last minute.
Not this past week. Just a garbage rte that was thrown together to take some pressure off the other driver in the same area. I had a garbage rte 1 day the week prior that was 192 stops. That was a fuster cluck.

upsman68

I know none of the wives were ever suppose to have babies during peak........(cross your legs, honey!!)

My buddy and I had our first born 17 years ago on Dec 15th and Dec 16th. They were calling us after the first day and asking us when we would be back. My girl was born on a Thursday and I came back to work the following Monday

TheKid

In 1995 my daughter was born the day before Thanksgiving and I went back to work Jan. 2 . . . BEST PEAK EVER ! ! ! !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In 1995 my daughter was born the day before Thanksgiving and I went back to work Jan. 2 . . . BEST PEAK EVER ! ! ! !

Just curious---would you have taken so much time off if it wasn't Peak?

5 (6?) days left---weather has been a non-factor thus far--forecast looks good for this week--we are down one driver (injury) but it has been fairly smooth.