Only 2 weeks of maddness left.

konsole

I actually think peak is easier than a regular work day its just the hours.

Same here, I load mall vans and the past couple weeks is the easiest it is for me all year, providing I can manage to make it through a much earlier start time. September through late November is hell as the malls load up, and then after the holidays sucks also as the stores restock or people go to redeem their gift cards. Right now its very easy as the volume increase for me is just not there for the much longer time I have to load. The volume gets spread out to other trucks and there is more help to lend a hand. The rest of the year is much worse for me as the start time gets bumped forward to close to 5:00 and my work load stays the same or goes up. So start time of 2:30 vs 4:45 with atleast the same work load and you can figure it out.

brown bomber

brown bomber
​I understand Wednesday is but I bet Friday is going to suck.

that's when they start shuttling out the "late arriving " air @ 1400......so that you can retrace 50% of your route....glad I'm retired........this B.S., has been the new face of UPS peak.......underplanned, underestimated and over-managed...great business plan.....you'll certainly make "brownie" points with your employees and consignees........It's unbeleivable......IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE.....the same thing is gonna happen next year, if you (mgt.) think not......then you should be committed, because this is an example of insanity

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its Sunday night.

I'm going to get out of bed tomorrow morning and head into work for a 60 hour week. Then it will be Christmas and peak will be over.

Maybe I will get all my stops off, and maybe I wont. Thats up to dispatch, not me. All I can do is work safe for 60 hours and what will be will be. I hope I can get clean by Friday night, but there is no point is stressing out over stuff which I have no control over.

Its not my first peak, and it wont be my last. Bring it on.

CharleyHustle

Its not my first peak, and it wont be my last. Bring it on.

People ask me "I bet this is your busy time?", and I say "Oh yeah, it started last January and it'll run through the 31st". Now a days, with cut routes its peak year round, and with 30 odd years in I can count on one hand the days I didn't have enough work to do. Actually, though maybe tougher mentally, with a helper peak season is easier physically, with not having to get up and down out of the truck as much.

nystripe96

It's starting to die down. Monday the twi shift started 10:45am. Weds is 4:30pm & Fri they told us 6:00pm. I guess air sort is going to get crazy for next few days, but I was shocked to see how quickly our hours will be dropping off this week. Guess its back to penny pushing :/

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
37.8 hours down, 22.2 to go. I can put up with almost anything if I know it will end in 22.2 hours. This has been one of the better peaks that I can recall, the weather has been OK and our local management team has actually been allowed to make some decisions instead of just being sock puppets for I.E. I havent even had to roll any stops yet. I brought back more missed stops in August when we were eliminating routes than I have so far in December.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

2 days left. This has been a very smooth Peak thus far. We did have one wave of late air yesterday but they shuttled that work out to us. Pickups are coming back down to pre-Peak levels, the weather has been extremely cooperative and I have been punching out at the same time that I do during the rest of the year.

Our BA was in the center yesterday and is working out the details as to who will be working on Saturday. It is his contention that it should be volunteers and then force from the bottom.