Only 2 weeks of maddness left.

over9five

Staff member
Because Sunday is a normal workday here, Feeders and the building have to work Monday. There is a sign-up list for Feeders. Even at time and a half on top of holiday pay they're still looking for people.

over9five

Staff member
Are you getting triple pay?
Lol, I'm not working, not interested. They run it as a "one day lay-off", as we won't need everyone with most p/us closed. Then they post a sign-up list to get the amount of drivers they will need.
Anyone who works gets time and a half on top of the 8 hrs holiday pay.

I've heard in other parts of the country they'd get more to work a holiday. Give me that triple time, I'm in!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
50.3 hours down, 9.7 to go. I hope they have a plan in place for someone to finish my route tomorrow. I feel like Cinderella...when the clock strikes about 6:45 tomorrow my package car will turn into a D.O.T. pumpkin and come to a screeching halt whether I am done or not. Maybe I could load one of the spare bike/trailer combos that our bike helpers use in the back before I leave in the morning, so that when I run out of DOT hours I can just load up the little trailer with my remaining packages and start pedaling. Then when I am finally done I can call a tow truck to bring me back to the building.

outta hours

I had a Sun-Thur. Peak run. It's down now but I am off until Tue. Looking forward to relaxing and not driving the big truck for a few days. Hope all of you can get some rest too.

soberups

59.3 hours in, and Peak Season 2011 is OVER for me. I now have 24 peak seasons as a driver under my belt, and this one has been the best so far.

satellitedriver

59 hours and this is your best so far? dang sober
Any peak you survive is the best.

Actually, this was the best managed peak in the last 4 yrs for me.
My average for the past four weeks is 56hrs.

I wish the management trend would continue, but I suspect that I will go back to the add/cut 47 to 50 hour week, for the rest of the year.
So be it.

tourists24

Any peak you survive is the best.

Actually, this was the best managed peak in the last 4 yrs for me.
My average for the past four weeks is 56hrs.

I wish the management trend would continue, but I suspect that I will go back to the add/cut 47 to 50 hour week, for the rest of the year.
So be it.
You get any of that snow SAt?

soberups

59 hours and this is your best so far? dang sober

It is a given that I will work 59 to 60 hours during peak.

I dont have a problem with working 60 hours if I have been set up to succeed. I do have a problem with working 60 hours if I have been set up to fail.

I didnt have to roll any stops this peak, which is a first. I was rolling stops back in June and July when we were eliminating routes and being micromanaged by IE idiots in another time zone. They actually allowed the managers to manage this peak, and those managers came up with a plan that worked fairly well. Of course there were still problems and issues...there always will be...but for the most part the plan was solid and I hit the road every morning knowing that I could get done.