ONLY on ground.....

gixxer squid

Lord have mercy when ground starts shipping Christmas trees. If cheaply made 100 lb particle board crap wasn't enough. Oh the joys of being Freds schlepper. 2nd floor delivery, 10 feet so wouldn't go into elevator, I had to get two employees of company to help man handle this live Christmas tree.

IMG_9590.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

bacha29

Sorry guys. It's going to get worse. There is simply no control or discipline when it comes to the accounts they sign up. You guys no doubt know by now Ground has become a package/motor freight hybrid. Taking stuff that either belongs on freight of stuff UPS won't take because it's so big and heavy that they have to send another guy along to help. Sadly, there is no governing legal authority in place with the power to stop it and I think the "get all you can get and get it now" mindset
exists because there is a growing worry that the 4th quarter results will be below expectations.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Lord have mercy when ground starts shipping Christmas trees. If cheaply made 100 lb particle board crap wasn't enough. Oh the joys of being Freds schlepper. 2nd floor delivery, 10 feet so wouldn't go into elevator, I had to get two employees of company to help man handle this live Christmas tree.

View attachment 61376

View attachment 61377

No extra costs for you, right? This is exactly the kind of crap freight that will kill your operation.

gixxer squid

No extra costs for you, right? This is exactly the kind of crap freight that will kill your operation.

Yep, HD on our same zip code starting to give us their stuff cause its oversized and won't fit. Often the truck has 180 boxes on the p1000 and its packed. Same price although X charges more for oversize. 2.75 stop and .17 cents to deliver that tree. Took about 15 minutes. Didn't even make minimum wage.....

But sure I made money for the shareholders!

overflowed

Man, I think ground contractors won't make much this peak if they start getting all the oversize. We have been getting it for years now, but it continues to get worse because of prime. I don't think 10 trees a day will help.

DRAisawesome

Ok you've said to us express guys for years. If you don't like the pay issues then leave. Well this is the same thing at ground. If your not happy with what they are paying you then negotiate higher per piece price or leave. Can't talk out of both sides of your mouth

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Have fun at Ground delivering this kind of crap.

I can see worker injuries going through the roof for some reason.

Mindthegap

Funny you would mention storage buildings, I delivered one from Amazon today. Standard overnight express and it weighed exactly 150 lb. flat packed so it took up the floor of my truck most of the day.

overflowed

Hey gixxer have you looked at their website? Ground shipping free. Express 2 day shipping 215 standard 300. Sounds like a account guy got crazy stupid.

gixxer squid

Ok you've said to us express guys for years. If you don't like the pay issues then leave. Well this is the same thing at ground. If your not happy with what they are paying you then negotiate higher per piece price or leave. Can't talk out of both sides of your mouth

Honestly, to give you the benefit of the doubt, have you read anything at all on this board thats been written about so called "negotiations." After getting pissed off numerous times with the negotiator, I asked him this question. " Have you every run your own business? He replied, 'NO.

So heres a bean counter who has never run a business trying to negotiate something of which he doesn't know :censored2: about.

Until then or until you have gone through the ISP "negotiation" or any negotiation involving X, why don't you keep ignorant comments to yourself that you know nothing about.

"Hows that for talking out of one side of my mouth?

STFXG

We take it only if it fits.... Separate scan as it doesn't show on ground manifest..... understand....? :)
Of course I understand. They ring scan it to your truck so it shows on the manifest.

I'm asking why are you taking it? Even if it fits you don't have to. Why lose money or risk injury over something you don't have to take?

gixxer squid

Of course I understand. They ring scan it to your truck so it shows on the manifest.

I'm asking why are you taking it? Even if it fits you don't have to. Why lose money or risk injury over something you don't have to take?

We are taking the oversized boxes when we can, not the heavy boxes. HD would never pawn a storage shed or christmas tree on me. 9 outta 10 times our drivers are already going to the exact stop for which the boxes was given to us. Its not out of my way. Do I have to take it? NO. Do our drivers? Yes, when we can. Even the pennies add up after a while. I don't see the additional risk exposure by taking extra boxes when when we can within reason.