Oooops, Canada Safeway switches to Fedex !

klein

Für Meno :)
Last year in the e-auction everything was delivered by UPS, but I must admit, there were plenty of complaints on Safeways' Facebook site that goods came damaged or not at all.

Just received this e-mail :

Dear Klein,

The procedure for sending out your Mark’s Work Warehouse Gift Card has changed and we will be sending this directly to your home via FedEx courier for your convenience.

In order to complete the process of sending out the gift card we will need the following information:

1. Complete Mailing Address (including postal code, apartment number etc).
  2. Please do not use a P.O.Box address as it will be shipped via courier and they will not accept a P.O.Box address.

Would you be kind enough to send the above information in a REPLY email.

Thanks for participating in the Safeway e-Auction and shopping at Safeway!

Regards,
Prize Administration Office

Ok shippers switch all the time what's the big deal?? If you have a problem with ups why don't you try posting on a website that doesn't have a bunch of upsers on it. I have my issues from time to time with my employer but you throwing this in our faces kinda pisses me off and it's also just plain stupid.

brett636

Ok shippers switch all the time what's the big deal?? If you have a problem with ups why don't you try posting on a website that doesn't have a bunch of upsers on it. I have my issues from time to time with my employer but you throwing this in our faces kinda pisses me off and it's also just plain stupid.

I think this just stems from his own inability to cut it as a UPS employee. Since he could not make it he now sees it as his mission to trash his former employer to help make himself feel better.

klein

I made the mistake and should have posted this under the Fedex thread, being positive about it.
It's a huge contract that happens twice per year for 28 days straight.

Sofar, I'm getting the Marks g/c, a Safeway g/c, a Mongoose bicycle, a Pioneer Home theatre system, a Quinny baby stroller, a JVC Ipad/Iphone dock station, a Hoover windtunnle vacuum, 25 DVD package, 3 piece Delsy Luggage set, Oakley sunglasses, JVC water proof cam, JVC Everio camcorder, and more to come in the following 9 days of this Safeway promotion.

I'm only 1 of out of a few million of Safeway customers. It's bigger than Christmas peak !

Last Fall, UPS had that contract.
I guess they are testing if Fedex can handle it better.

Or do you as UPSers think you can handle an additional 50-100 stops per day, per truck, and the volume that goes along with it for 28 days ?

klein

Its only Canada, so that doesn't even really count

But, what is successful in Canada usually goes into the US. Some US companies actually try (test), their new things out here before launching them in the US, because it's a smaller market to get involved in, costs a lot less.

But, what is successful in Canada usually goes into the US. Some US companies actually try (test), their new things out here before launching them in the US, because it's a smaller market to get involved in, costs a lot less.
one thing I'll give you is you are very polite when bashed.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Ya, you know, eh?

Thank god your guys' lingo hasn't caught on down here.

P

pickup

I could offer reasons (and some might even be true, but that's not my requirement when it comes to needling you) why it is test tried in Canada first, but I would probably end up offending DS. So once again, you have a shield to hide behind.

Bow to.. nevermind.

P

pickup

one thing I'll give you is you are very polite when bashed.

When he is polite after being bashed, it's because you didn't hit in the right place. He has been hit on that firing issue so much that he is numb at this point to further attacks in regards to that incident.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I could offer reasons (and some might even be true, but that's not my requirement when it comes to needling you) why it is test tried in Canada first, but I would probably end up offending DS. So once again, you have a shield to hide behind.

Bow to.. nevermind.

You can always designate East & West Canada.

P

pickup

You can always designate East & West Canada.

Hmm, good idea. Okay, the reason why they are testing it in Western Canada is because like most companies, Safeway knows that Western Canada is occupied by a bunch of mindless sheep who don't put much of a ruckus when changes are dictated to them(unlike those brave souls in Quebec and Ontario for example) .

If western canada protests being delivered this stuff by Fed-ex then Safeway knows that no one in the U.S. will stand for it. If Safeway succeeds with this change with no protest from WESTERN CANADA( and why should they?, they didn't when Stephen Harper was responsible for suspending Parliament numerous times) , then they know they have a chance of doing it in America.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not ever going to by safeway now that they are in bed with FedEx.
I don't get it. First you say that companies change all the time, what's the big deal. But now for some reason it's a big deal and you want nothing to do with Safeway. What am I missing here?

I don't get it. First you say that companies change all the time, what's the big deal. But now for some reason it's a big deal and you want nothing to do with Safeway. What am I missing here?
What don't you get FedEx never comes to my house. If my wife or I order something it doesn't ever come FedEx. I support the company I work for. Customers switch all the time but I don't in the shipping department. I would never support Fred S or a non union carrier. Do you get it now I don't like FedEx. I I'll waive at you though when you pass me.

S

splozi

Quit bashing the guy and ask the real question... who the hell cares? UPS isn't going anywhere. It's as if FedEx could really handle the volume if everyone decided to switch. They'd sink like a fat woman in a kiddy pool. Wait... scratch that.

Personally, I ship FedEx Ground over UPS. Mostly it's because I used to be self employed and traveled a lot, and every city has at least one 24-hour FedEx Office store. UPS Stores are usually closed by 6:30pm. I would drop off my stuff really early in the morning before any UPS stores would be open. But other than that, I read that UPS is asking for ID now to ship a package? What the hell is that all about? Screw UPS.

Anyway, I have to go to bed now. Gotta wake up for my UPS job in a few hours.