Oooops, Canada Safeway switches to Fedex !

TheDick

All the Safeways and other supermarkets under same conglomerate in California switched from FDX to oops this year. Service problems.

bbsam

Staff member
What don't you get FedEx never comes to my house. If my wife or I order something it doesn't ever come FedEx. I support the company I work for. Customers switch all the time but I don't in the shipping department. I would never support Fred S or a non union carrier. Do you get it now I don't like FedEx. I I'll waive at you though when you pass me.
You seem awfully angry sometimes.

BrownBlue

New Jack
Well it is a disappointment to hear that some company switched to Fedx who compensates it's workers soo poorly, and I realize there are a few choice people or groups (pilots), that might not be getting the shaft, but as a whole you drive for them you eat get jack. I was talking to a retired Fedx pilot yesterday on my route, and he just feels bad for all those brainwashed guys. So, do I. So for switching poo on you Canada Safeway, which I believe is different than US Safeway. A company that does business with a company that treats it's employee's like indentured servants does not deserve our hard earned money. Thanks for the heads up Klein.

You seem awfully angry sometimes.
I am who I am. Just like I didn't become a steward for people to like me I didn't join this site for you to like me. I'm very truthful in my posts on this site just like I am as a steward which means I'm going to have my share of people who aren't going to like me. I'm fine with both.

bbsam

Staff member
I am who I am. Just like I didn't become a steward for people to like me I didn't join this site for you to like me. I'm very truthful in my posts on this site just like I am as a steward which means I'm going to have my share of people who aren't going to like me. I'm fine with both.

I am sorry if you got the impression that I don't like you. Probably doesn't mean anything to you, but it simply isn't so.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
to my understanding, FedEx and USPS have a very similar infrastructure, in regards to the direct handling of packages, in that it is very heavily automated and single-file conveyors are the norm

far far less damaged packages that way

BrownBlue

New Jack
It also helps what kind of volume you are trying to process, as far as damages. But most the time it's the packing. UPS accepts anything into their system, because when you create a shipment you acknowledge the packing requirements. Fred's Wreck only accept fdx boxes or new non-other-carrier branded boxes, this was according to a shipper about a year and a half ago.

klein

Für Meno :)
Just got my Marks giftcard via fedex ! Before 12:30 !
And it top condition, too !
My UPS guy never shows up until 7:30-8:30pm !

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just got my Marks giftcard via fedex ! Before 12:30 !
And it top condition, too !
My UPS guy never shows up until 7:30-8:30pm !
Good thing your gift card wasn't damaged. Sounds like the UPS guy has enough volume to keep him out there till 730-830. If you wanted your package earlier you could wheel your cart down to the hub and pick it up the next day via will call while the rest of us performing work to benifit society.