Operation Margins

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Which issue would increase our operation margins the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

We are already raising prices so which of these four, or any other ideas, would reduce extra cost etc..

GenericUsername

I don't like any of the four options. Damages will happen no matter what. Misloads will happen no matter how many things you throw at the preloaders to help them not get them. Human error will cause it regardless. Someone won't scan a package, someone will place a heavier box on top of a lighter box - it'll always happen.

Better dispatch and more trucks on the road will help things. Every 4 hours is an 8 hour shift (or around that) of another driver. You have guys working 12 hours a day who run EAMs then run a route. Why not have someone who runs air work the 2 hours extra each driver is working to run EAMs every day? That person could work 4-5 hours a day, 2/2.5 hours inside, the rest running EAMs. Daily operations at my center are beyond stupid in so many cases. There are people going out with 12 hour dispatches, some loops with multiple drivers running that long. This could easily be prevented by adding another driver in the mix to help out. Whatever though, I'm not running the shots. I'll continue being a grunt and keep my mouth shut.

PT Car Washer

I don't like any of the four options. Damages will happen no matter what. Misloads will happen no matter how many things you throw at the preloaders to help them not get them. Human error will cause it regardless. Someone won't scan a package, someone will place a heavier box on top of a lighter box - it'll always happen.

Better dispatch and more trucks on the road will help things. Every 4 hours is an 8 hour shift (or around that) of another driver. You have guys working 12 hours a day who run EAMs then run a route. Why not have someone who runs air work the 2 hours extra each driver is working to run EAMs every day? That person could work 4-5 hours a day, 2/2.5 hours inside, the rest running EAMs. Daily operations at my center are beyond stupid in so many cases. There are people going out with 12 hour dispatches, some loops with multiple drivers running that long. This could easily be prevented by adding another driver in the mix to help out. Whatever though, I'm not running the shots. I'll continue being a grunt and keep my mouth shut.
Misloads and damages don't just happen. They happen from overworking an under payed preloader by a don't care manager who just wants to make his numbers. I have seen more damages happen because of over loaded belts that work like a trash compactor and misloads from FT and PT sups telling preloaders to just throw it in and let the driver take care of it. After all he is making $36/hr.

barnyard

KTM rider
There is no way we make money on 148 lb packages. Many of those show up damaged and the ones that do not, damaged so many others on the way, there is no way they pay their way.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
There is no way we make money on 148 lb packages. Many of those show up damaged and the ones that do not, damaged so many others on the way, there is no way they pay their way.
I addressed this to a supervisor Friday. His reply was “ (shoulder shrug) the driver should have never picked it up”. Smh ‍♂️