Operation shutdown in full effect!

Billy_Baconhead

I've just heard and confirmed of 3 stations closing down. Confirmed kill shot! I'm curious to see what others have heard in the past couple days? Can anyone else confirm of stations shutting down? I'm assuming this is happening all across the country? I can confirm stations in IA, IL and WI shutting down come October 1st ( judgement day).

55+

Probably cause we work with the stations that are involved with all the movement to absorb those stations..and the announcements have been made.

SmithBarney

I've heard of a couple that have been absorbed south of us in a major city,
fortunately for us, we aren't going anywhere, we are in one of those rare
areas, where the population is growing, and so is our STA, adding more drivers
soon...

mitchel

I've heard of a couple that have been absorbed south of us in a major city,
fortunately for us, we aren't going anywhere, we are in one of those rare
areas, where the population is growing, and so is our STA, adding more drivers
soon...

how can they justify hiring new drivers when potentially so many will not even have a route?

Billy_Baconhead

Confirmed at our station we will be absorbing some of the routes from the station being closed. Also, got texts from old friends in both WI and IL about 2 smaller stations being shut down.

SmithBarney

how can they justify hiring new drivers when potentially so many will not even have a route?

Because right now, everyone has a route, and we need bodies(they will be jcats first then new-hire if no bids)
Like I said we are a very unique STA, we have large growth in our area, granted we also have low freight too, but we are right about where
we were last year at this time.

mitchel

Because right now, everyone has a route, and we need bodies(they will be jcats first then new-hire if no bids)
Like I said we are a very unique STA, we have large growth in our area, granted we also have low freight too, but we are right about where
we were last year at this time.
you are definately in the unique then.. my station is so over staffed, they send out msgs daily offering lwop

Goldilocks

This has been going on in my Disctrict for about 2 years now. They are combining stations to save on cost. No hourlys have lost their jobs, on the other hand several managers displaced.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Not only small ones are getting shut down.
I have heard Teeterboro NJ (can someone confirm this is a large station) , along with several in the Philadelphia area ( Liberty district)

newgirl

DPK on LI is closing, supposedly Atlanta ramp and DFW ramp. I have heard about the PA stations, too. Rumors abound on some of the Southwest Gulf stations like Clearwater, Naples and Ft Myers. Maybe even the ramp down there. Looks like they are really working on that 5% increase. Might be a good time to invest in some stock LOL

thedownhillEXPRESS

DPK on LI is closing, supposedly Atlanta ramp and DFW ramp. I have heard about the PA stations, too. Rumors abound on some of the Southwest Gulf stations like Clearwater, Naples and Ft Myers. Maybe even the ramp down there. Looks like they are really working on that 5% increase. Might be a good time to invest in some stock LOL

And another job, this all looks like another step towards a large fall layoff....

Goldilocks

GEEZ, I have heard this would be happening. I'm sure in the Dallas area everything will be housed out of AFW.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Oh boy..all of ya'll that are getting new station personnel should know this....IT SUCKS MAJORLY!!! You'll lose one area and several high seniority CRR's and replace them with about twice as many. What this will translate too is anyone in the mid-range vacation bid will get the poo-poo end of the stick...again.

Also, you will probably have more drivers than routes. Then you factor in the clique-ishness and you will be where I have been for the last year. It's freaking great. Almost forgot to mention the "lack" of favoritism from the new management.