"Operation Transformation"

oldbrownguy

What are we hearing out there? This is serious folks, no jokes.... Something coming down (here we go again) to get the old folks to retire? Some sort of package coming for 55 and above. A letter coming in December, then 30 days to decide, then 30 to leave. Anyone out there in Corporate want to share some intel?

hangin455

Transformation is described as to "look critically and introspectively at our business to help quickly identify opportunities for change and innovation."
I don't have any idea where you're getting this buyout stuff from.

trickpony1

Transformation is described as to "look critically and introspectively at our business to help quickly identify opportunities for change and innovation."

This could be translated to mean,".....wholesale terminations and "low-ball" buy outs....".

It's all a matter of semantics.

texan

I heard this rumor also at my workplace.
Since it is 21 December, it seems that it might only be a rumor, then again, perhaps they were waiting for the 35% to 21% Corporate Tax reduction to be a reality.

E

el blanco

What are we hearing out there? This is serious folks, no jokes.... Something coming down (here we go again) to get the old folks to retire? Some sort of package coming for 55 and above. A letter coming in December, then 30 days to decide, then 30 to leave. Anyone out there in Corporate want to share some intel?

what do you consider old?

worldwide

Would not surprise me to see this guy become new CEO once Abney retires after a new contract is put in place. The company needs to change and this would be a radical change to have a true outsider take over the top position at the company. It also would not surprise me to see buy out offers to those within two years of retirement and those over 55. Also expect to see some people in corporate finance and accounting to be shown the door, with some kind of buy-out offer. One thing is certain, change are coming.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nothing for Union employees ... possible for non-Union in 2018.
UPS will never, ever, ever offer a retirement buyout to Union employees.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Would not surprise me to see this guy become new CEO once Abney retires after a new contract is put in place. The company needs to change and this would be a radical change to have a true outsider take over the top position at the company. It also would not surprise me to see buy out offers to those within two years of retirement and those over 55. Also expect to see some people in corporate finance and accounting to be shown the door, with some kind of buy-out offer. One thing is certain, change are coming.
UPS hired a lot of finance and accounting folks to deal with the regulations put in place for Obama era regulations.
Trump has removed many of those business killing odious regulations and there is serious talk of removing or modifying section 404 of the SarbanesOxley Act.
This may remove the need of up to a thousand UPS employees.