Opinions Needed

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Monavie I suggest just letting it go and not caring so much about the work.

As you get older, you will choose your battles more wisely.

This is one that only creates in-fighting which the PT supervisors need. It makes their job easier when they can divide the hourlies against each other, then have excuses to use when things go wrong and they can avoid accountability.

In this case it is someones work pace. You are not the supervisor and it is really none of your business if you get help or not. If your area is in trouble and no one is coming to help it is the SUPERVISORS fault and not the hourly. It sounds to me like your frustration is in the wrong place, misguided, and you care too much about the operation.

dillweed

I strongly agree with sleeve on this one. Can understand your frustration and have mouthed off when I should have remained silet.

I've learned to let the crap fall where it will and keep my nose out of it. This guy was not right to come at you in anger but your criticism was certainly the spark that set him off. It's getting hot, tempers are going to flare during the summer, they always do. You are a sensible person, as I've seen from your posts, and I think maybe something just got under your skin at the wrong time.

I'm afraid that if you push this, you'll have a finger pointed at you and they'll talk to you both like children and say if you can't get along they will fire you both. Been there.

Let them flirt. Anything short of them disrobing and putting on a freak show is fine. Let it go. Oh, I once told a couple of touchy-feelies to get a room. Went over like a lead balloon and I'm still watching my back with both of them. Good luck, stay cool and things will change, they always do.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I strongly agree with sleeve on this one. Can understand your frustration and have mouthed off when I should have remained silet.

I've learned to let the crap fall where it will and keep my nose out of it. This guy was not right to come at you in anger but your criticism was certainly the spark that set him off. It's getting hot, tempers are going to flare during the summer, they always do. You are a sensible person, as I've seen from your posts, and I think maybe something just got under your skin at the wrong time.

I'm afraid that if you push this, you'll have a finger pointed at you and they'll talk to you both like children and say if you can't get along they will fire you both. Been there.

Let them flirt. Anything short of them disrobing and putting on a freak show is fine. Let it go. Oh, I once told a couple of touchy-feelies to get a room. Went over like a lead balloon and I'm still watching my back with both of them. Good luck, stay cool and things will change, they always do.

I agree, the heat (down in Florida) plus the work = daily struggle.

In the face of harrassment for "production" by UPS, as our local pres told me wisely around 10 years ago and I will not forget...

"you set the bar"...what YOU do is what is expected of you. What THEY do is what is expected of them.

You obviously disagree what THEY are doing, however management allows it. That is something you have to be able to accept and move on with. How you handle it is your call but going behind their backs and ratting them out (or in this case in front of others) will probably extract the response you got 80% of the time.

I agree, the heat (down in Florida) plus the work = daily struggle. In the face of harrassment for "production" by UPS, as our local pres told me wisely around 10 years ago and I will not forget..."you set the bar"...what YOU do is what is expected of you. What THEY do is what is expected of them. You obviously disagree what THEY are doing, however management allows it. That is something you have to be able to accept and move on with. How you handle it is your call but going behind their backs and ratting them out (or in this case in front of others) will probably extract the response you got 80% of the time.
+1 great advice.

​And I'm sure that you will apologize for your shortsightedness if something further happens because Monavie did not report it. Bravo for you.
- 1 this would be like someone getting in your face because you helped management re- loop there route while they were on vacation and they came back to 20 more stops a day. Getting in your face isn't right but I can sure understand where they would be coming from. Sometimes it's better to do what your mom said when you were young and mind your own business.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
- 1 this would be like someone getting in your face because you helped management re- loop there route while they were on vacation and they came back to 20 more stops a day. Getting in your face isn't right but I can sure understand where they would be coming from. Sometimes it's better to do what your mom said when you were young and mind your own business.
If the roles were reversed, I'm pretty sure she would be upset if she came back from a vacation and the route were different than it had been with what she were comfortable with. However it isn't always easy to see and admit that.

BLACKBALLED

Is someone getting in your face wrong? Of course, but lets look what led up to it. If he heard you complaining obviously you intentionally said it loud enough to make sure he heard it! that being said then the onus is on you as who instigated the so called workplace violence! your work ethic and anothers are never going to equal, it is the sups. job to worry about that and not yours, as others have stated you need to worry about what tasks were given to you and continue them, if you are doing your job you wont have time to worry about what the others are doing, that is not in your Job description. Think about that when deciding to blow it out of proportion, because like I said they can say you instegated it by raising your voice to where he could hear you!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​Or you could follow your own advice.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If the roles were reversed, I'm pretty sure she would be upset if she came back from a vacation and the route were different than it had been with what she were comfortable with. However it isn't always easy to see and admit that.
407's statement was said out of context. I set up the trace on 1 rte because the regular driver wouldn't do it. I don't change loops, I don't have that authority. If I see something that doesn't make sense I talk to the regular driver.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
407's statement was said out of context. I set up the trace on 1 rte because the regular driver wouldn't do it. I don't change loops, I don't have that authority. If I see something that doesn't make sense I talk to the regular driver.
Really, different shade of the same color to me. Setting up trace (pickups? Im guessing) then makes said regular drivers compliance go way down and makes him/her look bad. Maybe I am misinterpeting something

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Really, different shade of the same color to me. Setting up trace (pickups? Im guessing) then makes said regular drivers compliance go way down and makes him/her look bad. Maybe I am misinterpeting something
Sleeve, I don't want to argue with you. I have no issues with you. As far as being wrong, I have no problems admitting when I'm wrong.

I set up trace simply because it needed to be done and the regular driver refused to do it. It had nothing to do with making the driver look bad. It's a rte that I do regularly and I know it extremely well. Rural rte, no pickups to speak of. In fact, that driver just retired (not that it matters). The regular driver had been on that rte for 15 years. It made no difference to him. It did to me. He was not pissed off about it, either.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't want to ruffle any feathers, especially when there is a lovely pink revolver in your hand:-)wink2:), but I had a casual ask if he could fix my route. I, simply, said no thanks. The dispatcher is the one who set it up with another cover driver. I am finally use to where things are in my board, lets just leave it that way. He(Mr. Stick) has years and years of records on exactly what I deliver where and when. He can fix it, if he chooses. My pick-up list was perfect. So, he managed to get that right. And, they expected us to do this off the clock. It never did get fixed to this day. The driver who bumped me at bid hasn't fixed it, either. "Mr. Stick Up My Ass can fix it if he wants, I'm not" was what he said. Can ya feel the love we have for our dispatcher?:angry:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't want to ruffle any feathers, especially when there is a lovely pink revolver in your hand:-)wink2:), but I had a casual ask if he could fix my route. I, simply, said no thanks. The dispatcher is the one who set it up with another cover driver. I am finally use to where things are in my board, lets just leave it that way. He(Mr. Stick) has years and years of records on exactly what I deliver where and when. He can fix it, if he chooses. My pick-up list was perfect. So, he managed to get that right. And, they expected us to do this off the clock. It never did get fixed to this day. The driver who bumped me at bid hasn't fixed it, either. "Mr. Stick Up My Ass can fix it if he wants, I'm not" was what he said. Can ya feel the love we have for our dispatcher?:angry:
No ruffled feathers, although maybe ruffled FETHR :wink2: This subject was brought up to circumvent the original subject. If he can't stand the heat then he needs to stay outta the kitchen. It sticks in my craw when someone implies or says outright that it is ok for tattling to beget violence. Or that I was wrong for filing a restraining order against an abusive driver. Especially someone that claims to be a steward. It's wrong in my book and always will be.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sleeve, I don't want to argue with you. I have no issues with you. As far as being wrong, I have no problems admitting when I'm wrong.

I set up trace simply because it needed to be done and the regular driver refused to do it. It had nothing to do with making the driver look bad. It's a rte that I do regularly and I know it extremely well. Rural rte, no pickups to speak of. In fact, that driver just retired (not that it matters). The regular driver had been on that rte for 15 years. It made no difference to him. It did to me. He was not pissed off about it, either.
it's fine, we agree to disagree on it. It does not matter to me whether or not someone else does a job a certain way. I could care less, so if I were the driver you are talking about, probably would have felt the same way. That is one difference in the way that we see this; indifference.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just remember if you go down this road there is a good chance you can get him fired for good. Is it really that important an issue to take it there? Ignore him do the best that you can do and leave it at that. This guy got in your face because you told on him. Worry about yourself and he can worry about himself. It's not that important it's just 3.5 hours on a secondary. It's not lice and death it doesnt really matter. Do what you want just remember hind sight is twenty twenty.

I'll add that according to UPS policy on workplace violence, it's zero tollerence.
Meaning there is a chance that both parties will found at fault for the altercation and BOTH parties will be fired.
I've seen it happen.
One guy punches the other and they're both fired.
407's advice was solid, do your job and let the supervisors worry about the employees that aren't.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Talked to the girl today that works the bottom and the guy called her last night and said he felt bad..and he's gonna apologize to me tomorrow..and I'm gonna apologize to him...thanks for all the help :happy2:

No ruffled feathers, although maybe ruffled FETHR :wink2: This subject was brought up to circumvent the original subject. If he can't stand the heat then he needs to stay outta the kitchen. It sticks in my craw when someone implies or says outright that it is ok for tattling to beget violence. Or that I was wrong for filing a restraining order against an abusive driver. Especially someone that claims to be a steward. It's wrong in my book and always will be.
When you get some more years and experience more of the ups culture maybe you will understand. Other than that you are kind of an idiot and you just don't get it. You are a waist of my time. All the best and good luck.