Option Days

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
On my last pay stub at the bottom is shows I have 4 option days and a 40.00hr option week left. Just wondering, do option days from last year roll-over to this year? Or do we have to cash out? Thanks brothers and sisters!

TheDick

I thought that tine never rolled over. Thats the stuff you can cash out tho. I always rolled em into a week, and take it off.

CoolStoryBro

On my last pay stub at the bottom is shows I have 4 option days and a 40.00hr option week left. Just wondering, do option days from last year roll-over to this year? Or do we have to cash out? Thanks brothers and sisters!

Depends on your local. This is a supplemental issue.

In my local it does not go by calendar year. It goes by seniority year. My option week and days refill on my seniority day and are available for use in the year following my seniority day. My option days refill on my part time hire date. My option week refills on my driver hire date.

*edit*
When I go in to time card viewer on UPSERS.com it tells me when I get more option days, weeks, vacation, etc...

ManInBrown

In the 177 we get 2 option days that are banked the 1st of the year

Our option week is banked on seniority date

We lose the days if we don’t use them.

Can’t roll anything over

barnyard

KTM rider

In my local it does not go by calendar year. It goes by seniority year. My option week and days refill on my seniority day and are available for use in the year following my seniority day. My option days refill on my part time hire date. My option week refills on my driver hire date.

That is the way it works for me also. My understanding was that option days are a use or lose thing. If you take any days of unpaid layoff, you get a check for them though. Last year was the 1st time that I had not used them, but got a check as I do take unpaid days.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This varies on where you are at. Unused Option Days get paid off about the middle of December in Atlanta.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby

*edit*
When I go in to time card viewer on UPSERS.com it tells me when I get more option days, weeks, vacation, etc...
Cool Story Bro