Optional Days.

Asinine

How many do we generally start with on the 1st year of the job? I know we get 2 weeks for vacation here, but no clue about the optional days. Does it differ very much via location?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Here, we get 5 floating holidays Jan. 1. Our 5 personal days, sick days and vacation weeks we don't get until our seniority date. Yes, I'm sure that this differs in regions.

nystripe96

For sick days my new supe wants a doctors note for the days we take. Is that mandatory? Just because I'm not feeling well doesn't mean I'm paying a visit to my doctor

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tell him to stick it. He has no control over you taking sick days EXCEPT if you are out for more than 3 days (If you are out for more than 3 days in a row he can require you to bring in a doctors excuse). If he pushes it tell him you will call the 800# and file on it.

heyhey

Can someone please help me with login information with Upsers.com I have logged in before but I can not remember anything!!

heyhey

help

Can someone please help me with login information with Upsers.com I have logged in before but I can not remember anything!!

BrownCrayon

I requested a couple days off in April, and had a note in my diad slot when I got back. It said that to many drivers were on vacation that week and I couldn't have those days. I checked the calendar, and I think there is like 6 or 7 drivers on vacation that week. I thought we were able to use option days whenever we wanted... what does it say in the union handbook?? Are they able to deny me my days?? I know I can always just call in sick on those days... but it is just a pain in my arse having to deal with calling in sick. Funny thing is... we just sent 5 guys to driving school... not sure how we don't have enough drivers.. Why does ups have to be so frustrating... they never make it easy on us.

Thebrownstreak

Why is calling in sick a pain. I plan on calling in tomorrow just for the hell of it. I call in, say I'm sick and that I'll see them on Monday. But now since you "put in" for it they can give you crap for calling in sick on hose days. From now on if you need days off just ban in sick.

Kis124

We get 1 personal and 1 sick day after 1 year. after 18 months we get another. when you get to 2 years we get 5 of each which we can take as additional vacations if we want

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I requested a couple days off in April, and had a note in my diad slot when I got back. It said that to many drivers were on vacation that week and I couldn't have those days. I checked the calendar, and I think there is like 6 or 7 drivers on vacation that week. I thought we were able to use option days whenever we wanted... what does it say in the union handbook?? Are they able to deny me my days?? I know I can always just call in sick on those days... but it is just a pain in my arse having to deal with calling in sick. Funny thing is... we just sent 5 guys to driving school... not sure how we don't have enough drivers.. Why does ups have to be so frustrating... they never make it easy on us.
Yes, they can deny an option day. There are X number of vacations during any given week and X number of option days on any given day. It's based on a percentage of drivers. For instance, we can have 3 drivers out on vacation in one week and 2 option days on any given day in the same week.

Check with your steward.