optional question

upsgrunt

Here's a question that I couldn't get an answer to in my center. I am in Local 710 and I took an optional day on Friday August 1st. I didn't have any optional days left from the previous year, but usually we get our "new" ones on Aug. 1st. Our local had a handshake agreement, but not a signed contract on the 1st and I didn't get paid for the optional on yesterday's paycheck. Was this because we weren't under a signed contract? Will that optional be paid when we vote on the contract, or will that day just go down as "scheduled off" forever?

Thanks

705red

Browncafe Steward
Here's a question that I couldn't get an answer to in my center. I am in Local 710 and I took an optional day on Friday August 1st. I didn't have any optional days left from the previous year, but usually we get our "new" ones on Aug. 1st. Our local had a handshake agreement, but not a signed contract on the 1st and I didn't get paid for the optional on yesterday's paycheck. Was this because we weren't under a signed contract? Will that optional be paid when we vote on the contract, or will that day just go down as "scheduled off" forever?

Thanks
Nothing goes into effect until the contract gets ratified, not sure if they will pay you day. But your raises will be in a retro check. Call your hall/agent.

brownrodster

Now that all depends on your contract, here in 705 it is january 1st, and it was may 1st for your optional vavation, but we now changed that to january 1st to.

My optional days refresh on my company seniority date. My vacation and option weeks refresh on my driver seniority date.

dillweed

I'm 710 and we get new optionals on August 1. Don't know how they'd handle it without a contract. Contacting your union is a good idea and also keep a record of the date and the fact that you had signed up for the optional. If they didn't pay you the optional should still be there for you later.

Thanks

The OMS most likely forgot to code out your option day. I always make sure options or sick days are coded out the next day when I use one.

tieguy

Banned
I'm 710 and we get new optionals on August 1. Don't know how they'd handle it without a contract. Contacting your union is a good idea and also keep a record of the date and the fact that you had signed up for the optional. If they didn't pay you the optional should still be there for you later.

You did get new ones on august first under the old contract. Your old contract has expired and your new one has not been approved yet. Your in a contactual twilight zone right now pending approval of the new contract.